3x1

"She doesn't deserve to suffer..." Jay's phrase came back to Greg Gurwitch the Mouse every time he began to think of the offer to return to the army like a ranger again.

That was the life he knew and missed, not that the trauma that came up last time is something he misses, but each day working with the Chicago police plus the problems of right or wrong haunt the blonde . Working with Hank Voight, the police officer who was arrested more than once and who has unorthodox methods and for receiving bribes when investigating and especially interrogating the suspects brought many problems and much talk with visits from the top co-office not only Sergeant Voight, as well as all the other Intelligence Unit officers.

"At least there I know I'm on the right side," Mouse complained as Jay tried to get him to give up the idea of ​​returning to the army. Yet it was at times like these, sitting in the cabin of the rising ferris wheel, watching the small boy with the light eyes and dark hair fascinated by the cityscape outside the cabin, that the blonde really considered any chance at all. to return to the army.

Elliot's smile makes the man's heart warm every time, just as the boy's mother's smile makes him want to stay.

Exactly seven months ago the brunette discovered being the father of a boy of nine years with his childhood friend, the two lived together for years. Initially he and Cassy coexisted over the Halstead brothers, Will being her best friend and Jay his, but over time the four children became very close to the point that Jay, Mouse and Cassy joined the army and the three succeeded. being creaking at the same time. But everything changed when after leaving military service Cassy moved to Europe while the other two dealt with their trauma in Chicago.

After the funeral of a man from the Regiment of the three of them in Las Vegas and a drunken night Mouse and Cassy broke up together, today they go out together at least once a week with Elliot, getting him used to the blonde's existence.

Greg never thought of being a father and now has a son who calls him Uncle. But that day is different, Cassy is not with them. This dayMouse saw spending a few hours with her son because the brunette needed to solve some problems and needed a nanny and convinced the blonde to stay with the boy.

Mouse can't even complain because the boy's presence made him stop thinking about the shit of the past and part of the uncertainty of the future. All he thinks about is the boy's joy.

Then that morning on a calm day off, Mouse took the boy to a playground that was in town that month.

"Can I have some cotton candy?" The boy raised his face to look into Mouse's eyes, clasping his hands in front of his chest "please."

With the half-scratched English still, the boy could order anything that Mouse and the Halstead would do. Cassy has been complaining a lot for the past month because the other three have been spoiling the boy so much. "

Greg looked at the boy with a small smile, seeing the boy still hesitate with his hands clasped and looking at the needy dog, all the blonde could do was agreeing to watch a huge smile return to Elliot's face.

~~~~

Cassy was listening to an old cop's complaint as she watched him and another man fight over her resignation, both arguing that she was too good an agent for Interpol to she just walked away. She had this kind of discussion two other times, months ago before moving to Chicago again.

But it didn't matter, after being kidnapped for months that of her risky son more than once, Cassy no longer wanted to be involved in it, no more missions, no more overseas travel, no more army and deaths. Or at least reducing the odds of that.

The brunette has had enough time to think and realize that this is not a life she would like to give her son, growing up as a soldier's son is not easy, she discovered this after meeting several children who grew up being forced to move forever. that the father or mother was transferred. And even if they had a specific place to stay without following the familiar soldier, there is also the early stress brought on by the fear of their death.

Cassy doesn't want her son to live in fear, even if she failed a year ago, it wouldn't be something she wants to repeat. And then there was Mouse, the idiot she had been in love with for years, and ended up being the father of her son, he tried to be present, tried to maintain a peaceful coexistence between the two, even though both had in their blood the desire to disagree and to discuss. They both enjoyed those moments, she knew that, but it wasn't enough to build a family, and it was far from the kind of stability Elliot could live in.

And every time she saw her son next to Mouse, both smiling and the man just trying to be close to their son, she could do nothing but feel her heart race and joy overtake her, but it still it could become uncertain, and this uncertainty made her uneasy for the sake of Elliot and her own heart.

That day was one of those moments of uncertainty, thanks to the meeting she had to leave Elliot with Mouse, even though trusting her friend something inside her seemed to be restless, like an apprehension or suspicion that something was about to happen, something maybe not good. And all she was asking was for such a thing to be at best, the child to be less comfortable with his father and not something serious that could endanger their lives.