3x3

Breakfast that day had everything to be perfect, but the suspicious face of the four-year-old sitting at the table made both his mother and Will a little uncomfortable.

After Cassy's rescue seven months ago, Will realized that he had already rolled up too much to take action. And thanks to Mirna, Cassy's mother, who decided to comment out loud that the redhead was in love with her colleague, he realized that his situation was getting ridiculous.

Now the two of them have been together for almost five months, and this is their first breakfast together and with Owen, as they both managed to have a day off.

The boy woke up super excited to go to the amusement park, but as soon as he ran into the redhead, he became quieter showing off his jealousy every time Will said a few things. Owen got angrier when he discovered that the redhead would go with them in the park, the day he would have only with his mother and now would have to share with him.

Will picked up his cell phone after leaving it in the silent all night, the first thing he noticed was his brother's numerous calls, just seeing the number of missed calls the redhead can feel his brother's wrath for being so ignored. He also felt that he had forgotten something, then the memory of his brother complaining that they needed to talk, and that they had agreed to talk that morning.

The feeling that he would have to deal with his brother's anger returned a little more forcefully, but it was drowned out when he received the call from Maggie that all doctors were being called to the hospital because of the chaos caused by an itinerant park attack. Same place Natalie intended to take Owen.

Natalie called the boy's grandmother, asking her to stay with the boy while she had to work. In the meantime of her arrival, Manning and Halstead got ready to leave, and did so shortly after her mother-in-law arrived.

The hospital was in disaster mode, full of people, especially children, injured. As soon as he arrived at the hospital Will noticed a strange look coming from Maggie but he preferred to ignore at that moment and help people with what they needed.

~~~

Ruzek and Lindsay were on a quiet patrol until the bombing call, Lindsay maneuvering the car across three lanes to make the return and head toward the park. Erin felt a strange tightness in her chest as she drove.

The huge square where the park was now installed is full of police cars and ambulances, the noise at the venue was very loud. You could see the fear on people's faces, two toys were destroyed and set ablaze, people were trampled, families broke up and tried to find each other again. Many paramedics and ambulances came and went all the time, helping and saving injured people, Erin and Adam parting ways while helping the injured and the firefighters.

The blonde was helping one of the paramedics put a stretcher with a man inside the ambulance, the bald man came back to consciousness with a jolt trying to sit up but was trapped not to fall off the stretcher.

"Danny" the man called "son"

He repeated losing consciousness again, the brunette paramedic looked at Ruzek, who simply agreed.

"Take him, I'll try to locate this Danny."

The ambulance doors closed and the vehicle set off for the med.

"Hey Adam" the detective turned in the direction of the voice and found Borelli, a firefighter who had been working with a paramedic for the last few months "did you hear about Halstead?

" Hi Jimmy "he replied frowning and wondering" what about the Jay?

"I found him shot near what's left of the carousel" Brett appeared behind Jimmy.

"We took him to the med about ten minutes ago.

Adam stared at the two static paramedics for a few seconds trying to get their brains in order and their next actions. Firstly because apparently only Jay would have been shot, according to what his current situation would be and third. worse to tell Erin that her boyfriend was shot, since obviously she hadn't known because if she knew everyone in the Intelligence Unit would be there turning every stone to find out what happened, and now he would be the one to break the news.

" Thanks for warning me "Ruzek said starting the search for Erin.

~~~

Cassy was prepared to leave the meeting room where she missed the last hours of her day, when looking at the huge window she saw the black smoke

not far away, in the city park exactly where Mouse said he would take his son.

"My God," she whispered, covering her mouth with her hand.

She reached for her phone in her purse, looking for Greg's number. in contacts desperately. The calls fell into the mailbox one after the other, leading her almost to despair and anger.

Ignoring everyone who had been her boss, the brunette almost ran out of the place, when she reached the street realized that trying to get a taxi would be futile and simply worsen her sense of anger and despair. So she decided to walk to where the traveling park had been installed.

Rushing against the flow of people she came to the park feeling the terror grow inside her, seeing the firefighters trying to save some people who were still trapped in the Viking boat, and several paramedics at the scene.

Picking up her cell phone again she called Mouse inwardly begging him not to be there at the time it all happened, so she spotted Erin Lindsay as her childhood friend's boyfriend. She walked to the police avoiding being stopped by anyone else, only stopped when she faced the woman.

"Erin," she greeted, letting the terror show in just one word.

"Cassy, ​​all right?" The smaller one said looking for any visible injuries on the other.

"No, Erin the Mouse brought Elliot here.

Erin widened her eyes as she realized that her boyfriend's fake nephew could be among the injured. Several months ago firefighters found the boy in a house alone and locked in a hole in the floor, no. Much later it was discovered that Cassy herself had been kidnapped and the boy held hostage to keep his mother in

check.When detectives discovered that Cassy was Elliot's mother, Jay and Will were shocked and argued to find out who the father would be. In the end Cassy was rescued and it was revealed that Elliot is the son of Mouse, Jay's childhood friend.

Now apparently the boy and the blonde would be in the park during what appears to have been an attack.

"Are you sure Cassy? "

Unfortunately not" the tall one massaged her temples "Mouse said she was coming, but he doesn't answer the phone" Cassy closed her eyes tightly to suppress tears and despair "I don't know anything else now."

"Calm down" Erin put a hand on her shoulder "maybe he didn't come.

" 'The Maybe' she's a bitch, Erin "she replied running her hands through her hair.