One

Come on keep pushing you got this!
I think to myself as I run up the huge hill. I can see my mailbox just over the horizon.

My heart is beating so hard, I can feel it in my ears. I lick my lips and try and focus on my form.

As I run up the huge hill I look around at the neighboring houses feeling a sense of anxiousness. I just moved in a couple days ago and I haven't seen anyone my age let alone my race.

I hope they're not judging me for running around the neighborhood especially in these spandex shorts, but oh well they'll just have to get used to it.

I let out a huge breath and keep pushing for the last 100ft. As soon as I get close to my mailbox I rest my hand on it buckling over.

Trying to catch my breath I clutch my chest and pull out my earphones too tired to pause the Playboi Carti I was listening to.

"Sh*t" I breath out exhausted by the run.

I use the mailbox to stand up straight and put one of my loose strands of hair behind my ear. That was no joke, I think to myself. I look up at the sky my vision slightly wavering due to me being dizzy.

"You alright there?" A male voice says out of nowhere behind me causing me to jump really hard.

I turn around immediately, my heart beating even harder than it was from running. I put my hand over my chest and look up at the figure that's the cause of me being startled.

"Oh my gosh" I say forcing a breathy laugh still reeling from the scare.

"I'm sorry, didn't mean to scare you there" the older man says with a slight southern accent.

I finally look up into his eyes and I'm stuck for a moment. This man is so attractive it doesn't make any sense. He was an older man, but obviously hasn't let age get the best of him. He has a muscular body, veins going up and down his arms.

Damn I wouldnt mind being in those arms I think to myself.

Shut up. I think trying to steady my thoughts.

He had salt and pepper hair with nice facial hair. My mom wasn't lying about the men down south being really attractive.

"You ok?" The older man says looking down at me.

"Oh-oh yeah I'm good" I laugh again " you just scared me a little" I say swallowing and looking back up at him.

"You new to the neighborhood?" He asks putting his hands in his pockets which draws my eyes down.

Oh my gosh Sienne, get your mind out of the gutter I tell myself.

I give another nervous laugh and say "yeah I just moved in two days ago you probably heard all the movers and stuff" I say fiddling with my hands.

"Oh wow, so you and your family moved here from where?" he asks coming over and leaning up against my mailbox.

I instinctively move back slightly and say "oh no, it's just me" I smile looking over at the quaint house.

"Oh, you seem pretty young to be living somewhere all alone" he says cocking his head to the side looking at me.

My cheeks start to get hot and I clear my throat "I'm not too young, this was my late grandmother's house and my job relocated me out here" I say with a small smile pushing my hair back.

His unfaltering gaze and his shear size feel very intimidating and I start to feel the want to just go inside my house.

"Oh so you just moved out of your parents house?" He asks looking down into my eyes.

I look down to the ground feeling nervous by his stares and say "yep" giving him another laugh.

"But...um it was nice meeting you again" I say looking up at him wanting to run into my house to get away from his many questions and stares.

"The pleasure was all mine, if you ever need anything I live right there" He says pointing to the house right to the left of mine.

My heart skips a beat. I didn't think he was that close. I look over at his house and it's really nice and looks well kept. I look over at a window that looks like there's a figure in it, but the blinds close before I can get a real good look. I furrow my eyebrows and look back at the older man to find he's still staring down at me.

I give him an awkward smile and reach out my hand and say "My name's Sienne by the way".

He reaches out and takes my hand in his. His hand completely swallows mine and he gives it a firm squeeze.

"My name's Mark, enjoy the rest of your day" he says giving me a wink and turning and walking back to his house.

I sit stunned for a second and stare at his back as he walks away. I clench my teeth and sigh.

Why did my neighbor have to be so damn attractive?