Twenty-Four

Sienne's POV

    After what happened this morning I decided to take a shower. It was an extremely long one, I had also learned that I had been out for over two days, which left such an uneasy feeling in my stomach. I was currently sitting out on the porch of the house. The neighborhood was a real quiet one, and the only people I had seen were old people.

I decide to close my eyes and lean my head back soaking in the sun.

While in the shower I came to the conclusion that I wasn't going to just sit around being helpless because of my memory loss.

I was going to do everything in my power to gain my thoughts back.

The buzzing and fuzziness had finally faded and I found that I could think much more clearly than I could yesterday.

Even though that was a great thing, I could only stand to think really hard about my life and memories for about 10 minutes before the worst headache would hit me.

At this moment I was resting, trying to let the headache die off. Right before the piercing feeling attacked me, I noticed an extremely nostalgic feeling associated with the house next door.

Every time I thought of the house a warm feeling would overcome me.

I felt like I had seen it before in a dream, and I knew that I was tied to it, no one could tell me otherwise.

"Hey babygirl" I hear a voice next to me and I open my eyes to see its Mark.

I give him a smile and scoot over on the bench allowing him to come sit next to me.

He looks over at me and stares into my eyes which causes me to give him a weird look.

He reaches out his hand cupping my face softly and comes closer staring into my eyes.

"Your eyes are so red darling" he says searching my face "are you ok?? Is your head still hurting? Let me go get that medicine for you" he says as he starts to get up from the bench.

"No please stay" I say reaching for his hand and pulling him to come back. He ends up sitting down once again and looking over at me his face still full of worry.

I still have his hand in mine. Looking down I say "I'm alright, just a headache , but it will go away soon"

"You sure?" He asks searching my eyes and I nod reassuring him.

Mark comes a little closer wrapping his arm around me and pulling me in tight letting me lay my pounding head on his chest.

"Better?" He asks and I smile and say "yes" feeling comforted by his strong arms.

"What have you been out here doing? You've been out here for almost three hours" Mark asks rubbing my thigh softly.

I close my eyes contemplating whether I should tell him what I've been doing for the past few hours. I sit for a while and I start to speak but then I hesitate.

"Oh nothing, just been enjoying the day, looking at the neighbors" I lie.

Mark pulls away and looks into my eyes "oh really?" He says .

And I nod. We sit and stare at each other for a few and I can tell he's questioning me.

"Would you lie to me Sienne?" He finally asks, his face changing ever so slightly.

Caught off guard by the question, I stare back for a little and furrow my eyebrows.

"No I wouldn't do that" I say and we sit and look at each other for a while.

"Alright" Mark says dryly and gets up from the bench. "I just came out to tell you I made something for you to eat.

I watch as he puts his hand on the door handle and stares at me hesitantly before walking inside.

My chest drops and I lean back into the bench staring at the house to the left of us again. I look at the front door of the house and my palms start to burn. I get up and slowly start to walk across the porch. Looking down, I carefully take each step cautiously from the house. A dizzy feeling hitting me hard, my eyesight blues just slightly but I keep my eyes on the house. I just had to get a closer look.

Staring at the house I start to walk towards it. Scared and uneasy at first, but after a little I give myself the courage to walk towards it. I make a few steps and immediately feel a hand grab my left arm.

Startled I spin around to see Dean looking down at me with a hard glare.

"Where are you going Sienne?" He ask angrily tilting his head to the side as if to challenge me.

"I-Um, I saw a small cat over in the yard and I wanted to get closer to it" I say my head starting to pound.

A car drives past us on the road and Dean grips my arm tighter.

"You can't go far yet, you're not all the way healed, what if you had passed out?" He says, his voice starting to raise and his face so scrunched up.

I look up at him , fear starting to creep back into me, "I'm ok, I promise" I say trying to calm him and pull my arm out of his grasp, which seems to make him more angry. Dean yanks my arm back pulling me closer to him

"No you aren't!" He yells and then I see him close his eyes as if to calm himself, his hands digging into my flesh which makes my eyes start to tear.

Next thing I know I'm swept off my feet and in his arms bridal style. Startled, I yelp and grab hold of his arms afraid to fall.

"Dean what are you doing!?" I say gripping him.

"You need some rest" he says carrying me back into the house.

Once we're back inside Dean kicks the front door closed and I see Mark peak his head out from the kitchen.

"Dean don't just pick me up like that!" I yell back but my head starts to pound and I start to see stars.

Dean ignores me and takes me back to the room I've been sleeping in. He kicks the door open hard which makes me jump.

He finally lets me go laying me on the bed. My heart pounding , I struggle to see straight because my head hurts so much.

"Don't go back over there again" is the last thing I hear from Dean before he walks out and slams the door shut.

I feel hot tears stream down my face and I lay back to stop my head from spinning.

I feel defeated and confused.