Twenty

Dean POV

She'd been out for 2 days and 2 hours. I made sure to change out her ice every hour and a half and every day I would change her clothes to make sure she had on fresh ones. Every 4 hours I would check her pulse and make sure it was well. I would also change out her gauze regularly, but recently I haven't had to change it as often because thankfully the bleeding has gone down. She's still very swollen but not as bad as two nights ago.

Every night before I go to sleep I whisper beautiful things into her ear.

"You're the most beautiful girl in the world Sienne" I whisper brushing her hair. "You make my heart feel so full, and without out you I would have no purpose. Me and my father only live to take care of you. We love you so much, I love you so much. Please get better, please wake up and come back to me" I swallow staring down at her closed eyes.

Her chest rises and falls a little more visibly than it did yesterday.

"I need you to wake up Sienne. I need you to wake up and come back to me" my voice breaks and I lay my head on her stomach trying my best to keep the tears from falling. "I shouldn't have hurt you, I shouldn't have hit you, please forgive me, please I just need you to come back Sienne" I say feeling more and more overwhelmed.

I lay my head on her stomach for a while and I get the strength to stand up. I look back at her and walk to the door turning the lights off.

Before I close the door I hear a moan. I look back at Sienne confused, I sit and stare for a little not hearing anything else, maybe I'm hearing things I think and start to close the door again.

"Dea—" I hear a small voice say.

My heart starts pounding and I turn the lights on fast and stare at her. She's moving her hand and moving her feet almost as if she's having a nightmare.

I rush over to the side of her bed and hold her hand.

"Sienne, my love, you're just dreaming, wake up, come back to me come back to Mark. We won't let anything happen to you" I say staring at her.

I can see movement beneath her lids. Then it looks almost like she's squeezing them.

"No! Please! No" she mumbles shaking her head back and forth" I cup her face so she won't injure herself.

As soon as I touch her face her eyes open. At first they're wide and afraid and my heart sinks. But then she closes them and opens them staring at me extremely confused.

"Sienne?" I say staring at her softening my face.

She inhales heavily and turns her head and then closes her eyes in pain and reaches for the back of her head.

"No here, let me" I adjust the pillow behind her head "you're injured try not to make any sudden movements" I say .

She looks at me again and nods obeying what I say. I cup her face and rub her cheek. I push her hair out of her face and she stares at me with her eyebrows furrowed. She looks at me with a look of curiosity and wonder.

"Where-where am I?" She asks softly looking around with her eyes now and not her head.

"Shhhh, you're safe that's all that matters" I say and she nods with a look of trust and it makes my heart swell.

"Dad! Dad! Come here!" I yell smiling down at her.

A couple seconds later my dad appears in the doorway, his eyes wide fearing the worst, but I see his face change when he looks over and sees that Sienne is awake.

He walks over slowly. And crouches next to the bed just like me.

"How are you feeling sweetheart" my dad says looking down at her with soft eyes.

I see her swallow hard "I-I'm thirsty" she says softly and I get up immediately and walk to the kitchen.

I can't believe she's awake. She came back to us. She didn't want to leave, she wanted to stay here that's why she came back. I can't wipe the big smile off of my face as I get her a cold glass of water.

I walk back and see my father rubbing the side of her face and he gives her a kiss on the forehead. As I walk further into the room, she looks up at me with soft eyes, and it's weird I feel so much emotion behind them. She's truly happy to see me.

I walk back over to her.

"Help her sit up" I say to my dad and he sits her up and props her up with pillows.

She gives a pained look and I feel bad all over again.

I hand her the glass of water and she holds it with two hands and drinks slowly.

I can't help but to rub her leg.

"I'm a little cold" she says starting to shiver.

I get the blanket off the arm chair that I had moved to the room two days ago, and lay it over her.

"Better?" I ask smiling and she gives me a soft smile and nods.

After she finishes the water she looks over at me.

"I-um" I can see she's trying to think.

"I'm sorry but I-I really don't know who y'all are and" she starts to breath hard and puts her hand on her head.

"I don't really remember who you guys are, but I do remember how I feel about you guys..." she says looking to me and then to my father.

My heart starts to beat a little faster.

"I can't remember your names, I just know that I feel safe with you , and that I can trust you guys. I feel... loved?" She says looking to my father then to me still a little confused.

"I know you called me Sienne earlier" she says looking over at me now.

"I don't recognize the name, but the way you said it..I can tell that I mean a lot to you" she says.

"And even though I can't remember your names I know that y'all mean a lot to me" she says and then buries her face in her palms.

"I'm sorry" she says looking down at her lap obviously frustrated and tired from thinking so much.

I look at my father slightly confused and he looks back. She doesn't remember anything... not even her name... I look back at her now.

"Well I'm Dean" I say softly grabbing her hand.

"And I'm Mark, babygirl" my dad says grabbing her other hand.

This makes her smile and my heart warms.

"Nice to meet you" Sienne says.