Nine

Dean's POV

      It'd been about a week since Sienne had seen me. I say seen me because I've definitely been seeing her.

I ached to be in her presence. She was what I needed day in and day out.

Tonight I almost got caught though. I had followed her to this bar downtown where she was hanging out with this white girl.

I had done my research on this girl, and she was safe. She was a good girl, grew up in the metro Atlanta area, went to all the best private schools. Lived in a nice expensive home with her parents. She graduated from Georgia Tech with a degree in architecture and engineering. She was good friend material for Sienne and I liked her.

The only thing that was a little problematic about her was the flirty behavior. She was the cause of multiple guys coming over to talk to them.

From the corner of the bar I had watched them all night. It was extremely hard staying calm so I had ended up wanting to leaving. And before I was able to get out, not looking straight I had bumped into Sienne's friend, but before Sienne could get a look at me I had rushed out of the bar.

"What's got you in such deep thought?" I hear my dad chuckle from behind me.

I snap out of my daze and look up at him he was wearing black pants a black long sleeve shirt and a black knit mask up on top of his head.

I knew exactly what he was doing tonight.

I shake my head "Dad maybe not go over tonight" I say giving him a serious look.

"Oh so you're aloud to follow her around all day but I can't watch her at night?" He says with a smirk. "You want her all to yourself I see" he says laughing.

I laugh and shake my head "what are you gonna do if she wakes up again? And this time fully aware?" I say questioning him.

"She's not going to wake up" he says walking away towards the front door. "You sure you don't want to come?" He asks.

"Nah I'm good" I say

It's pretty late and I end up falling asleep on the couch. I'm usually only able to sleep 2-3 hours at a time. I wake up to the house quiet and the Tv on in the background.

Rubbing my eyes I hop up off the couch and head to the kitchen to look for something to snack on. There's a half eaten bag of chips in the pantry and I grab them and head back to my room.

I turn the lights on and chill and eat the rest of the chips. My brain can't help but to think about Sienne. I lay my head back and close my eyes remembering the way she smelled and how it felt to be in her house.

Maybe next time I'll go with my father over there. I bet she looks so cute while she sleeps. I bite my lip and I hear a huge slam off in the distance. It wakes me up and out of my thoughts and I jump up and run out of my room.

I see my father run inside of the back room.

"F*ck f*ck f*ck!" I hear him say under his breath.

My heart starts to beat fast "What the hell is going on!?" I yell

"She saw me!" He says.

My eyes grow wide "she saw you??! Like saw you? saw you??" I ask rubbing my fingers through my hair.

"No she doesn't know it was me but I really scared her Dean" he says taking the mask off and rubbing his face.

He takes off his clothes down to his boxers and goes to put on a T-shirt and some shorts.

"She's gonna leave us. She's gonna go back to her family now" I say the realization setting in. "We need to think of something quick!" I say starting to pace back and forth in the room.

There's loud bangs coming from the front door that make me jump.

"Is that her?" I ask my dad my eyes widening.

I look over and see my father punch the wall making a hole. I haven't seen him this upset in a while.

"I'm going to go answer the door. You stay back here, you're in no shape to see her" I say and leave out of the room.

I run out of the back room and towards the front door. I hear sobbing and banging and my heart aches.

I open the door and I see Sienne she's all out of sorts and I've never seen her like this. She's shaking so much and sobbing she literally falls to the ground on her knees and my heart breaks.

My father really f*cked up, now she doesn't feel safe here at all.

I ask her what happened and she tells me about how someone broke into her home while she was sleeping.

Seeing her broken and on the ground I pick her up fast and hold her small body against mine. I hold her tight to my chest.

She continues to scream and she's so shaken up she says that the man is still out there and I look outside.

I start to wonder if the neighbors are up and hearing what's going on.

She asks me to close the door and I do just that.

I lock the bottom and top lock and hold her close to me. I push my nose onto her head she smells so sweet my hands turn into fists.

"I got you Sienne I won't let anyone hurt you"I say gruffly into her ear.

I feel her body shaking so much and I lead her deeper into the house. I take her into our kitchen and sit her down at the breakfast bar she puts her head down and is sobbing so much.

I go to the cabinet and get some hot chocolate and warm up some milk on the stove.

I walk behind her and hold her.

"What if he tries to come back wh-What if he tries to kill me this time!" She says into the counter.

I run my fingers down her hair, it's the softest thing and my hand clenches around it. I want to pull it so bad. I don't think I can let her leave.