Five

Sienne's POV

        Me and Dean had stayed and talked at my house for almost an hour. My cheeks were still so hot from earlier. He was actually so good looking. He had to be about 6'4 he had the bluest eyes and light brown hair. His face was so chiseled and his smile was so nice it was unreal.

I learned that he had lived in that house his entire life. I had told him about how I would come down every summer back when my grandma was alive.

I think it's crazy how we never even knew about each other, and we were right next door this whole time.

He was such a gentleman and never made any advances towards me.

Maybe he doesn't even think I'm cute and I'm probably just making all this up in my head. He's so good looking, I just know he has to have a girlfriend of some sort.

I keep my eyes on the road, I had to first go get the supplies I would need to care for my little kitten. I was so excited.  I decide to stop by petsmart first to get everything, and then I'll go to the animal shelter to get the little black kitten I saw on their website.

I pull up to the petsmart and get out. I pull down my shorts a little and walk inside.

The air conditioner is on blast on the inside which makes me smile. I can already feel my pitts getting sweaty as I go and get a kart. I walk around and go to the cat section in the far left corner.

The lights are so bright in here and there's so many families roaming around. Excited little kids running in and out of the isles.

I finally make it to the section. Putting my hair up in a bun I squat down and look at all the little beds. I find a black and white polka dot one and put it in my kart. I make sure to get a little tower for him to scratch on too. Toys, food bowls, food, a cage and all.

My kart is so full and I make my way up to the cash register. I just know this is about to be expensive, but I don't care I need a little companion to roam around my house to make me feel less lonely.

The cashier rings up everything and the total comes out to $432.00. I keep a straight face and try to hold in my shock.

"Are you paying with card or cash?" Says the little brunette.

"Card please" I say handing her it.

We get everything settled and bagged and I make my way out of the store. Walking back to my car I fish out my car keys and pop the trunk open. Everything but the little scratching castle fits and I decide to put that in my back seat.

After I get everything inside of the car I let out a huge breath and push the kart away.

I get inside the car and turn the ignition but it makes a squealing noise. I furrow my eyebrows.

"That doesn't sound good" I say. I give the key another turn holding it for longer now and my car makes all kinds of struggling noises.

I close my eyes and breathe out trying to calm down. "This cannot be happening right now!" I yell.

My car is so reliable what is going on.  I think to myself and get out of my car. I pop the hood and look down at everything.

"What do I even think I'm doing I know nothing about cars" I say softly to myself face palming.

A feeling of dread washes over me. What am i going to do? I think to myself trying to breathe and calm down.

I feel my eyes start to water but I don't allow anything to fall we're not gonna be a lil b*tch today. Let me call my dad. I walk over to my door and open it. I bend over and fish through my purse for my phone.

Where is it. Where is it.

While I'm scrambling through my purse I feel a hand touch my back. I scream standing straight up hitting my head on the door frame.

"Ouch" I say rubbing my head feeling a little dizzy. My vision blurs a little and I close my eyes and place my hand on my car steadying myself.

Once I get my footing I look around fast to see who it was that touched me. I look over and see chest then I look up and see a familiar face. Mark.

My hand still on my head I feel a sense of relief.

"Hey sweetheart you alright?" He says with his southern drawl.

I laugh still feeling a pounding in my head.

"Com'ere lemme see where you hit your head" he says coming over to me.

My cheeks get so hot and I bite my lip. "Oh no I'm alright it doesn't even hurt anymore" I say lying through my teeth.

I put my hand down and look back over at my poor car.

"You having car troubles?" He asks looking over at my hood up.

"Sadly yes" I say shaking my head. "I don't even know what's wrong with it. It won't even start!" I say putting my hand on my cheek.

I breath out and raise my hands in the air letting them fall. Between the car not starting and the heat I feel so overwhelmed.

I look over at him and he's giving me a sad look.

"Don't get upset" he says softly pinching my cheek which makes them get even hotter.

I feel a lump in my throat because I'm so upset.

"I got all this stuff and it was so expensive and-and it's so hot out here. I just wa-wanted to get the f*cking black cat I saw online. I was supposed to pick him up at 4 and it's already 3:48. The car won't even start.." I say rambling on and on.

"Listen - listen don't get upset, lemme give it a look darling. Here's my key and my truck is over there go get in and turn the air on and lemme see if I can find out what the problem is" he says handing me his key.

I take the key and I breathe out.

"Calm down, everything will be alright sweetheart lemme take care of this" He says with his eyes furrowed looking down at me.

I breathe out and say "ok" taking the keys and walking over to his big black truck.

"This day couldn't get any worse" I say rolling my eyes.

Aww how sweet was it of Mark to come to her rescue don't you think??