Twenty One

Sienne's POV

"Nice to meet you" I say looking both at the unfamiliar faces.

I start to stare at them unconsciously and I can't place where I could've ever seen them before.

Think Sienne think. I close my eyes and I feel nothingness.

I try to hide how startled and frustrated I feel. I look around at the room my eyes catching onto every little object. My brain literally feels like it's buzzing.

How could I not remember these two men. These two extremely good looking men. What is my relationship to them?

I feel a striking pain sear up the back of my head and I gasp pulling my right hand away from the man named Dean's hand.

I grab the back of my head and it's very tender.

What's going on here. Why can't I remember anything! I close my eyes hard and try to focus on my breathing. It's hard to focus on anything, I feel like my brain has been completely rewired or something. I feel the other man squeeze my hand and rub it soothingly. I open my eyes and look over at him.

His dark blue eyes staring at me with so much worry. He's a bit older than the other guy. They kind of look alike actually.

"Don't work yourself up babygirl" the man named Mark says with a southern accent.

I catch myself staring back at him a little longer than I should

"It's just I can't remember anything, what happened? What..why am I hurt? What's wrong with me??" I say my lip starting to quiver. I start to feel overwhelmed and I feel tears brimming at my eyes.

"It's my fault" I hear the other guy say.

His voice brings me to his attention and I stare at him confused, he looks so hurt and pained and it pulls something inside of me.

"H-how is it your fault?" I ask looking at him curiously.

"You were helping me out with a project in the basement" he says burying his face in his palms "I needed to get something using the latter and you were so adamant on getting it for me. I kept telling you no, that I would get it , but you're so stubborn" he says looking up at me now.

I look down at my lap starting to feel so stupid.

"So I caused this?" I say feeling so embarrassed.

"No Sienne don't blame yourself, I should've never let you get on the latter... by the time I got to you" he says pausing and looking to the side.

I look up at him and his eyes are so red and his ears are red, before he turns his face I see tears in his eyes. I instinctively reach out to him but he stands up and runs his fingers through his hair shaking his head.

"By the time I got to you, you were already on the ground, there was so much blood Sienne" he says looking at me now his eyes completely glassy. "I thought I had lost you" his voice breaks.

I feel a lump in my throat and I have tears in my eyes from seeing him so emotional.

"I'm so dumb" I say burying my face in my hands.

I feel arms rap around me suddenly and I look up to see they're Marks. He puts his hand on my chin lifting my face up.

"Don't beat yourself up about it sweetheart, all that matters is you're here now and that you're ok" the man named Mark says. He looks me deep in my eyes and I start to feel like putty in his hands, I nod my head.

"Ok, I won't beat myself up about it" I say and Mark pushes my hair out of my face.

"Tell me what you want babygirl" he says so genuinely and I start to get goosebumps. I have the strongest urge to say "you" but that would be so inappropriate.

I breathe and shake my head "um, I'm just really hungry that's all" I say softly.

Mark gets off the bed and stands up "I'm going to go get some food and some pain medicine, watch her" is all he says to other guy named Dean and leaves out.

Dean still won't even look at me and he has his hands on his face.

"I-I'm sorry I didn't listen to you, I should've listened, honestly I can't remember anything, but I do apologize..." I say looking over at him.

He has on a simple white shirt and some jeans, and his muscles are very tense and up tight and they peak through his shirt. He's so tense and all I want is for him to forgive me.

"Please... Dean?" I say and the name feels so foreign on my lips.

Hearing me say his name he turns around and I see his red eyes and his tear stained face. He walks over to me keeping eye contact the whole time . I stare at him as he walks over to the bed, I swallow as a feeling in my stomach grows, but I can't place it.

The bed dips as he sits down next to me. I look up at him and he slowly reaches out and cups the side of my neck. I feel the pad of his thumb rub it and I can't help but to close my eyes.

Taking in the warmth of his hand but also his very masculine scent. It's woodsy but it also has a pinch of vanilla or some warm scent.

I lean into his touch more, but then I feel a searing pain on the back right of my head. My eyes jolt open and I stare at him. The pain takes my breath away.

Dean presses his fingers into the part of my head that hurts the most. Trying to catch my breath I stare at him and he has a very serious look on his face that I don't know how to register.

I gasp and he finally pulls his hand away.

Shakily I touch the tender part of my head and I stare at him the tension between us so thick. All I can hear is my heart is pounding from the pain.

"Remember this pain Sienne. This is the pain you get for being stubborn. Everything I tell you is for your safety, when you disobey me, or Mark, this is what happens." He says staring me deep into my eyes.

Completely still, and slightly frightened my heart still thumps in my ears. Speechless I stare at the man in front of me.

"You scared us so much Sienne." He says now and his face changes to one of complete sadness.

Maybe he touched my injury by accident.

He couldn't have done it on purpose, I think to myself. I look at him now and he has tears in his eyes, not knowing what to do I reach out to touch him but he pulls away.

"Don't... just don't ever put yourself in a position to be hurt again" he says staring at me with his muscles tense like before.

"I-I'm sorry, it won't happen again" I say feeling so empty and confused. He looks at me for a second and then turns.

Dean walks out of the room and shuts the door and I'm left with so many conflicted feelings, and no memories to grasp onto