Eight

Sienne POV

It's been a week since that stressful day of my car breaking down, me not getting the cat, and me getting locked out of my house.

Since that horrible day , I've been  able to get my car back from Mark just in time to go to work, I found my house keys, and I've been in contact with yet another shelter about getting one of their cats.

The only thing that has been off this past week is that my nightmares have been so intense lately. I've always had night terrors growing up but these have caused me to wake up at least twice a night.

I'm not sure what's causing them to happen so often these days. Maybe it's something I'm eating... I don't even know.

The scary thing is every time I wake up in the middle of the night I get this feeling as if I'm not alone. It has gotten so bad that I resulted to calling my mother about it.

Of course she thought I was just being dramatic, and said it was just me being paranoid. She brought up that maybe being in such a big house all alone was bringing the night terrors on. I guess I haven't really gotten used to living alone yet maybe that's the case.

I look into the mirror at myself and brush my hair. I put on a satin head scarf and tie it around my head to keep my hair down for the night.

I had such a long day and was out late hanging with a coworker of mine that is actually pretty fun. It's around midnight now and I'm utterly exhausted. I put my brush in the bathroom cabinet and make my way to my bedroom.

I turn on the TV making sure the sound is low enough not to bother me, and crawl into bed. Cuddling up to my pillow I waste no time going to sleep.

A couple hours pass and I'm woken up from a terrible nightmare for the 5th time this week.

Hot and out of breath I sit straight up quickly. Starting to hyperventilate I throw the covers off of me and try to calm myself down.

Looking up now something in the corner of my room catches my eye.

I see a bit of movement and my heart stops. What the hell was that? I think to myself.

My eyes start to tear up from fear and I can totally see a figure far in the corner of my room.

I try to talk some sense to myself.

There's not someone standing in my corner.... my brain is just still a little foggy from my nightmare and its playing tricks on me that's all.

I squint a little harder and my paranoia grows bigger and bigger with each passing second.

Not being able to take it any longer I lean over to grab my phone off my bedside table. Maybe if I flash some light in the corner Ill be able to fall back to sleep and get some peace of mind.

Before I can grab my phone off the table , what looks like a figure runs across the floor yanking my bedroom door open.

The light from my TV catches the figure a little and it looks to be a man with a black mask over the face.

Before I know it my door is slamming up against the wall of my room and I hear fast footsteps running down the hallway.

As quick as the figure leaves I hear what sounds to be my front door opened and slammed shut.

I hear myself screaming over and over as my brain tries to process what just happened.

Quicker than anything I grab my phone and run out of my room. Tears fill my eyes and I just keep running down my hall until I reach the front door.

My heart feels like it's gonna beat out of my chest and I'm shaking uncontrollably. Once I make it to my front door I struggle to get the door open. Barefoot I run outside and screaming bloody murder.

"Someone help!!!! Please!!! Someone help me!!!" I scream over and over running into my front lawn.

I frantically look around. The masked man is nowhere in sight and I take the opportunity to look down at my phone.

I'm shaking and sobbing so bad water droplets from my tears fall to my phone as I try and put my finger print in.

Im shaking so bad I can barely hold my phone right and the fingerprint scanner fails over and over.

"Please help!!" I scream. I look to my right my heart still pounding and I see a light turn on in my neighbors house.

I run over to their house not thinking twice at all I keep running so numb and in shock from what just happened. I finally make it to the driveway and I run up the stairs and to the front door.

Not caring about what time it is I raise my fist and bang on the door with two hands.

"Please!!! Someone's out to get me!! PLEASE!!! I need help!! Open up!! Please help me!!!" I scream into the door.

I hear footsteps running towards the door and it opens up and I fall inside.

"What's wrong what's happened!!?" I hear yelling.

I look up and see Dean's worried face. He looks so in shock.

"Please help me. Someone just broke into my house while I was sleeping" I say on my knees still in the front door.

Dean wastes no time picking me up and holding me tight to his chest.

"What the f*ck!!?" I hear him scream angrily.

I'm shaking so hard it's extremely visible. I drop my phone on the wood floor and look behind me out into the dark night.

I push myself further into Dean's chest.

"Pl-please cl-close the d-door he's still out there!!" I scream into his chest my tears falling over my cheeks.

I look up and Dean has such a serious look on his face. He keeps me close and looks outside searching with his eyes he closes the front door with a big thud and locks it.

I wrap my arms around him.

"Pl-please don't let me go" I say pitifully into his pajama shirt.

"I got you Sienne I won't let anyone hurt you" He says into my hair.

I hold him so tight I feel like my arms are locked in place.

My heart is beating so hard I feel it in my ears. I just break down and cry more. Thank God he answered the door.