Sixteen

Sienne POV

My blood is so cold right now. My chest is tight and my eyes can't help but water. I'm so unnerved by what Maria is telling me. You mean to tell me that Dean and Mark have known about me since I was a teen? A pre-teen at that. I vividly recall them acting so surprised that I had even been down here before.

That's insanely creepy I think. i get goosebumps all over my arms, I immediately stand up.

"Uh-um I need to go" I say placing the tea cup down on the countertop and making my way to the front door abruptly.

Before I can open the door Maria comes over to me. "I know that was a lot for you to take in child... I've seen how close you've gotten with them. I see how they linger over you... please be careful" she says shakily.

I close my eyes and breathe and open the door walking out into the summer heat. I hold my purse close to me and I start to close Maria's door, but before I can she grabs my hand one last time.

Very hushed she says "I always thought your grandmother was over reacting when she said someone had been breaking into the home taking your things... but I believe her now, I'm scared for you Kennedy" she says the last part extremely low and looks over in the direction of their house.

I look over and see Dean on his porch. I can't tell if he's looking over here but I wouldn't put it past him.

I shake my head not being able to hear anymore and I take my hand away from he grasp so overwhelmed with everything.

I walk down her porch steps and start tailing it back to my home. Some scary thoughts start to creep into my mind, but I can't think. I can't even get my words together.

I look down to the ground and I walk through my yard to my front door. Shakily I rummage through my purse to find my keys my throat feeling so tight I try to breathe.

Maybe I'm just overreacting maybe my grandmother was just really overprotective of me.

Rummaging through my purse I instantly feel a hand on my shoulder.

I jump around and trip falling into my front door hard hitting my head. My vision gets a little dizzy but I look up to see a concerned Dean.

"Hey you alright there? You seem... out of sorts" he says cocking his head to the side.

His size is so much bigger than mine he literally towers over me. He could literally over power me in any situation. That simple fact alone causes me to shiver.

I don't really know these guys.. how could I have allowed myself to be so comfortable. It seems like so many things have gone wrong and it's always caused me to run to them.

The garage accident, my car problems, my lost keys, the break in... everything has caused me to run to them.

"Hey you there?" Dean's voice pulls me out of my deep thoughts.

"Uh-uh yeah I just um I hit my head" I say putting some distance between us both.

"Why are you acting so, so weird?" He says reaching out to touch me and I instinctively pull away.

I see his face change before my eyes, he looks almost shocked and hurt, but he also looks enraged. I swallow hard and I start to rummage through my purse trying to find my keys but they're nowhere to be found.

"Looking for these?" Dean says and I look up slowly seeing my keys in his hand.

He stares at me with a look of complete control.

I clear my throat and decide to not show my emotion towards him.

"Yes Dean" I say slowly "how did you get those" I ask furrowing my eyebrows.

"You dropped them on the ground I tried to bring them to you but you were over at Mrs. Iglesias house" he says with them still in his grip.

I give him a smile. "Thank you" I say reaching out. I grab them but he still has them in his hands and we awkwardly sit there for a moment.

"How was she?" He asks

"She was sweet, she had a lot of things to tell me about my grandmother, brought back a lot of memories actually. Things I hadn't even remembered" I say with my hand still on my keys in his grasp.

"Oh that's good" he says staring down at me almost looking into my soul.

I feel his hand relax and I start to take my keys from him but he puts his hand around mine and pulls my body close to his. I feel his muscles tense under his shirt.

He brings his mouth down to my ear "You need to keep up with those things Sienne" he says and kisses my neck making my lips part slightly.

Before I can register anything, he's gone and walking down my lawn towards his house.

"I can't stay here" I whisper to myself.

I open my door and go to my room and start to make an over night bag. Pulling out my phone I text my coworker that I have gotten close to over the last month I've been here.

She had been wanting me to move out to the city and live in one of the apartments out there. I remember telling her that I lived out in the suburbs which she thought was the "country".

Since then she's been begging me to come hang out with her at her apartment, to try and convince me to move.

Tonight I'll definitely be taking her up on that offer.