Nineteen

Recap
.................................
I look back at Dean and I see blood on his hands, Sienne's blood, and my heart stops. Dean rocks back and forth muttering "please" over and over.

His voice is the only thing I can hear over the pounding of my heart in my ears.

My mouth goes completely dry but I find the energy to speak.

"What did you do?" I ask looking back at him.
..................................

Mark POV

I see Dean holding his knees to his chest and rocking.

"I hurt her I hurt her" Dean says sobbing gutturally. "I hurt Sienne dad" he says looking up at me his eyes bloodshot.

"She was going to leave us, she was trying to leave" he says shaking his head.

I look down at him and he has scratches on the sides of his face, obviously self inflicted. His hair is disheveled and pointing every which way. I start to get angry at him.

I walk over to him and pull him up by his shirt which catches him off guard and his eyes go wide. I look him straight in his eyes.

"You need to pull yourself together Dean! I've never seen you this out of sorts, you can't just blank out on me like this, you need to help me!" I yell.

For a second he just stares at me but then he slowly nods his head and stares at me blankly like a robot.

"Now help me pick her up" I say dryly and squat down to her lifeless body.

I hope she's not dead I think to myself. I pick her up bridal style, carrying an unconscious body is a lot harder than a conscious one.

She's cold and her body goes limp in my hands. I struggle to get a good grip on her.

"Dean! Help" I say sternly.

Almost robotically he comes over to me. I hoist Sienne up and stand up out of the squatting position I was previously in.

"Support her head son" I say and Dean comes over holding her head up.

We walk her back down the hallway of the house and bring her to her room. Dean opens the door and turns on the light while I quickly bring her over to the bed.

Laying her down she looks as if she's sleeping, I right her body and place a pillow under her head.

Dean stands motionless behind me.

"Go get some towels, one dry and one damp. Also get some gauze and some isopropyl alcohol" I say and he leaves. I slowly walk over the side of the bed.

The part that I was so dreading. I walk over and sit down on the bed next to her. I reach out and feel her neck for a pulse. My heart stops beating when I can't find it.

Dean won't be able to get back from this.

I put my face in my hands, my heart beating fast. I sit up and put my ear to her chest listening closely. I feel the slightest rise and my heart stops not wanting to get my hopes up.

Looking up at her face now, I put my hand in front of her nose to see if I can feel any air coming in, and I wait for a while getting more anxious by the second, and finally I can feel something.

She's not dead. 

"Thank God" I say.

I look down at her shirt and her top is drenched in blood. I get a bad feeling in my stomach. She may be alive, but for how long?

I close my eyes and breathe trying to calm myself. I'm the only one who can get us through this situation.

Dean walks back into the room and puts everything I told him to get on the bed. Standing up I lean over the bed and Dean walks over to the other side.

"Lift up her upper half and don't forget to support her neck" I say

Dean does as I say, and I stare at him, he slowly lifts her up supporting her neck like I told him to. I see his eyes start to water and he looks away so pained.

"She's not dead Dean" I say and he looks at me fast with so much hope in his eyes.

"But depending on how bad she's injured, I don't know for how long" I say and sit back on the bed looking at her head.

"What did you hit her with?" I ask my stomach starting to sink.

He looks away and doesn't answer.

"I said what did you hit her with!" Trying to snap him out of this daze he's in.

"A bat!" He yells at me his eyes dark. "I wasn't going to let her leave, she's ours! and NO ONE is going to take her away from us!" He yells.

I grab him by the back of his neck and press his forehead to mine looking him dead in his eyes " you need to think your ideas all the way through! Yeah you've kept her from leaving but what now Dean!? She's barely hanging on for life!" I say staring at him crazily trying to get through to him.

I pull away from him roughly "Enough of this talk, all that matters now is her life, now where did you hit her at? Which part of her head?" I ask staring back at the bloodied mess.

He points to the lower part of the back of her head.

"She was looking down at her phone" he says still supporting her.

I walk over to a drawer and get out some ribbon I come back over and tie her hair up and out of the way. I feel the back of her head where he said he hit and it's extremely swollen I take some cloth and drench it in alcohol. Good thing she's unconscious because this would've hurt her so much.

I clean up the wound and get all the blood off of her back and a lot out of her hair. I continue to clean her up and send Dean to go get some ice not before he lays her back down on the bed.

I sit and stare down at her. I always thought Dean wasn't as bad as me, but I was definitely wrong. He's just as bad, the only thing that makes us different is I can throw my emotions to the back burner. That came with time though, when I was his age I was definitely worse, I think back to his mother.

"I got the ice" Dean says walking back into the room pulling me out of my memories.

"Place it under her head, and stay here and watch her, she's going to be out for a while" I say and walk back to my room. I have some fixing to do.