Seven

Sienne's POV

Ughhhh what am I thinking! How could I be so bold I mentally face palm. I steal a look over at Mark and bite my lip. There's just something about a man that can drive a car with one hand.

I steal another look, one hand right at the top of the steering wheel at 12 o'clock. Oh my gosh how could a man almost 20 years my senior be so damn fine.

"And we're here" Mark says to himself pulling up on the side of the street between both of our houses.

I go to open the door and I'm locked in the car. I frown a little and try the handle again but every time I pull it, the door doesn't budge whatsoever.

Mark is already out of the car and closes his door with a thud. I look around, like am I just an idiot or will this door really not open. I try to look outside of the vehicle to see where Mark is, but I can't see anything because the truck sits so high.

I try for the door one more time and it doesn't budge.

"Hey Mark?" I yell a little and look around still nothing.

I'm so embarrassed right now my cheeks start to get so hot and my throat goes dry.

"Hey Ma—" I start to say again and the door opens out of nowhere.

I look down still with my mouth slightly ajar and I see Dean.

He runs his fingers through his dirty blond hair and looks up at me with his baby blue eyes.

"Hey Sienne" He says with a smirk.

"H-hey Dean" I say playing with the fringes on my shirts.

"You alright in there? You don't wanna burn up it's so hot" he says with a little laugh.

"Yeah I just—im so stupid... I couldn't get the door to open" I say awkwardly.

"Well good thing I was here, wasnt  it" he says flashing his perfect teeth.

My heart skips a beat at his smile and I croak out "yeah" mentally hitting myself.

I throw my purse over my shoulder and start to get out of the truck. Dean puts his hand out and I take it trying to get down from the talk truck but I slip on the metal step up bar and fall right into Dean's chest.

"Oh my gosh! I'm so clumsy" I say so embarrassed.

Why do I keep embarrassing myself like this I think to myself.

Dean holds me tight to his chest and I can feel just how strong he is. He smells so intoxicating I feel surrounded by his cologne and not in a bad way.

I look up at him with so much shame.

"You need to be more careful babygirl" he says in my ear  low enough to where only I can hear.

I look up into his eyes a little shocked by what he says and he holds my glance as long as he can. I pull away from him fixing my clothes and grabbing my purse from off the ground.

I look to the back of the truck and I see that my car is still hooked up, I guess this is going to take a minute.

"I'm going to go put my purse down in my house, would you and Mark like something to drink? It's the least I could do for all the help" I say looking over at Dean as I start walking towards my house.

"Sounds perfect to me" He says smiling as he follows me to my front door.

While I'm walking through my front lawn I rummage through my purse for my keys. I stop in my tracks fiddling through all of my keys looking for my house key.

"Where the hell" I say annoyed flipping through them one by one.

Confused I rummage through my purse some more. Maybe it fell off the ring into my purse. My heart starts to beat fast. I couldn't have lost the key that fast.

I pat my back and front pockets.

"What's wrong?" I hear Dean's strong voice from behind me.

I turn around and he's right there which catches me off guard. I wasn't expecting him to be so close. I crane my neck to look up at him.

"Oh—um I think I misplaced my house keyy" I say slightly panicking.

"Do you think you might have left it inside your house?" He asks giving me a worried look.

"I-I don't know maybe... that's so unlike me" I say the last part softly.

I put my right hand up and run it through my hair looking around trying to figure out what I could've done with my keys.

Maybe they fell from my keychain or something... or maybe I did take them off my key chain and leave it in the house by accident. I don't know this is so unlike me.

I close my eyes and breathe.

"Ok I'm just going to have to break in to my own home, hopefully they're inside" I say shaking my head frustratedly.

I start to walk to the back of my house.

"Break in?" Dean says

"Yeah I used to do this all the time when my parents would drop me off here for the summers. When I got around 14-16 my friends would throw parties and stuff and when it was time to go home I would sneak in through the living room window" I say walking around the back of my house.

Once I get to the back, I see the window , the only one that doesn't have the screen protector and has the broken lock.

I muster up all the strength I have and try and heave it up but it's a lot harder than it used to be. I pull my hands away and shake it off just a little. Maybe over the years of it not being opened it got a little stuck.

I go back to the window and heave it up again and it goes up a tiny bit.

"Here let me do it" Dean says from behind me and I move out of the way for him.

He walks over to the window and pauses just a little then puts his fingers underneath the sill. He bends his knees a little and thrusts the window up so fast and smoothly I'm stuck.

"How'd you do that?" I say laughing "I must be extremely weak"

"Nah it's just a certain way you have to do it" he says turning around to me and I catch a flicker of something in his eyes that I had never seen before, but it's gone so quickly I start to question whether it really happened.

I give him another laugh and he smiles pushing up the sleeves to his tattered t-shirt.

"We kind of have a window just like this, and I used to sneak out as a teen as well. The faster you push it up the less sound the window makes"he says matter of factly.

"Oh" I say with a smirk and walk towards the window.

I put my leg through and bend down underneath the window and I'm finally inside my house.

"Ughh yes" I say smiling and feeling the air condition.

I see Dean's long leg come through and he slides in with no problem. He comes through and turns and closes my window for me.

Once the window's closed he touches the broken lock.

"It's not safe for you to be in here all by yourself, with a broken lock like this" he says turning around.

It's dark in my house so I can barely see or make out his face. All I can see is his tall figure as he walks over to me.

"It would be horrible if something happened to you" He says running his thumb over my jaw just slightly enough to make my heart beat irregularly he lets his thumb grace my neck before letting it fall.

"I'll get it fixed I promise" I say smiling as I start to walk to my kitchen I turn my head and give him another look before rounding the corner.

All I see is him staring back at me.