mcdonald's//e.d

AN// TRIGGER WARNING: self-harm :(

(y/n pov)

"Hey baby," You said into the phone. You could hear his smile through the line.

"Hey, what's up?" He asked. You sighed. "Everything okay, babe?"

"Yeah, yeah, Lisa just woke up, I'm going to stay home with her today, okay?" You said. "Nothing's wrong, there's just no point of her going to school now, right?"

"Didn't you wake her up?" You opened your mouth to respond, "It's okay, I'm coming home early today though, I don't have anything to do here," He said. You nodded, even though he wouldn't see you.

"Okay," You said. You heard the TV on downstairs. "I'll see you later?"

"Y/N, I can something's up," You froze, not wanting to have this conversation over the phone. "I can't come home right now, but when I get home, we're going to talk, okay?" You nodded again and then shook your head.

"I'm sorry, Ethan, I just-" He cut you off.

"You never have to be sorry, my love." You sighed. "I'll be home soon, have fun with Lisa at home." He said. "I love you, y/n."

"I love you too, E." You said, ending the call. You heard Lisa laugh downstairs at her show. How could she-

You sat down on the bed you and Ethan shared and let tears roll down. You looked down at your wrists to see the almost gone scars. But they were still there if you looked closely. They always will be.

-----

(ethan's pov)

I opened the front door to see Lisa curled up on the couch watching TV. She looked up at me and smiled. "Hey dad," She said. "Why're you home so early?" She asked. I chuckled.

"Why are you not in school?" I asked, raising my eyebrows. She laughed as I pressed a kiss to her head. "Where's mom?" She pointed upstairs and turned back to her show.

Running up the stairs, I went into the room me and y/n shared. Looking around, I heard soft cries from the bathroom. Worried, I knocked on the bathroom door. She slowly opened it, clothes deshelved, hair messy, tears streaming down her face. "Eth-" I wrapped my arms around her.

I walked into the bathroom, her in my arms and locked the door behind me. "It's okay, baby," I whispered into her hair. She balled up the material of my t-shirt as she cried into my chest. I ran my hand up and down her back. "I'm here, it's okay," I whispered again.

She looked up at me, eyelashes wet because of her tears and kissed me. Confused, I kissed her back, but she only pulled away to cry even harder. "E-" She started, but couldn't finish. I lifted her up onto the counter and stood in between her legs. She ran her fingers through her hair as tears continued to fall.

"What happened?" I asked. She looked past me at the towel hanging on the rack. "You seemed okay before I left, what happened?" She played with the sleeves of her sweatshirt and looked down.

"Lisa-" I raised my eyebrows. She sighed and wiped away another tear with the back of her hand. "I went to w-wake her up and-" She started to cry again.

She rested her head on my shoulder as I drew circles on her leg with my finger. "It's okay, baby. Everything's going to be okay." I whispered. She slowly lifted her head off of my shoulder again.

"Her arm w-was out of her sw-weatshirt and-" My eyebrows furrowed as y/n rolled up her sleeves. I looked down at her wrists. She ran a finger over her scars and I shut my eyes. "Ethan, she's-" she started crying again.