babies?//e.d

AN// so this is the last part of mute//e.d. this was a cute series to write, i hope you all love it :) if you guys want a series like this for any of my grayson imagines, let me know <3

(y/n pov)

"Oh, careful love, don't break the eggs," You waddled over to Madeline, and took the eggs from her hands. "You might drop them," You told her. Her eyes widened and you nodded.

"What are my two favorite girls doing?" Ethan asked, walking into the kitchen. You smiled up at him from the batter and leaned up for a kiss. Pecking your lips, he pushed himself up onto the counter next to Madeline. She giggled as he pulled her into his lap.

"We're... you wanna tell daddy what we're doing, baby?" You asked Madeline. She looked back at Ethan and pointed to the oven. You smiled and nodded. "We're baking a cake!" You said. Madeline clapped her hands and smiled.

"Cake for breakfast?" Ethan asked her. She laughed and nodded. You smiled back at her. "How healthy, y/n." He chuckled, and you smiled.

Pressing a kiss into her hair, Ethan rested his chin on Madeline's head. You smiled before turning back around to mix the batter some more. Grabbing the pan that Madeline had already sprayed with Pam, you poured that batter in.

"M-mommy," Madeline called out. You didn't hear her.

"Someone's tryna talk to you, baby," Ethan said to you. You turned around and looked at Madeline. She smiled and pointed to the oven. "The oven's done preheating, hurry up, babe," Ethan said for her. You nodded and scooped out the rest of the batter. You sighed.

"Can you put in, E?" You asked him. He raised his eyebrows and nodded. Putting Madeline on the counter, he got off and pecked you on the lips before putting the cake in the oven. "Thanks, babe." You mumbled, leaning on the counter behind you, hand on your stomach.

"O-okay?" You looked up at Madeline and nodded. The worried expression on her face made your heart melt.

"I'm okay, sweetheart," She nodded as Ethan walked back over to you. You groaned, trying to stand up.

"Babe, you sure?" You looked up at Ethan and nodded, and hand on his shoulder. "I think we should go to the hospital," He said, holding you up.

"I-I'm fine," You said, groaning at the pain in your abdomen. "They're just kicking a lot today," You said. Ethan shook his head.

"I think we should still go to the hospital," He said. You shook your head. He nodded. "You're gonna go sit on the couch, I'll come down with our stuff, okay?" You shook your head.

"I-I'm fine," You said. He sighed and helped you over to the couch. "Ah," You groaned as you sat on the couch. Ethan brushed your hair with his fingers and kissed you on the head.

"I'm going to get the hospital bag, okay?" You nodded. "Scream if you need anything or tell-" But he was cut off.

"Daddy?" A small voice in the kitchen said. He nodded about to make his way over.

"Coming, princess," You smiled, laying back on the couch, grabbing your large stomach with both hands. "I'll go get her, okay? Tell her if anything happens." He kissed your head once more before running to get Madeline off the counter.

He sat her next to you, and she hugged your stomach, planting a little kiss. You smiled, running a hand through her hair. "Okay?" She asked. You nodded, squeezing your eyes. Ethan ran upstairs to get the bag the both of you had packed in case this had happened. "Daddy?" She asked, pointing upstairs as you let out another groan.

"I'm okay, he'll be here soon," You told her. She nodded, resting her head on your stomach. Ethan ran back downstairs, a bag over his shoulder. "E-Ethan," You said, you grabbed his hand, squeezing it. He nodded.

"I called Grayson, baby, he's going to come to the hospital, okay?" You nodded. "Let's go, baby," He lifted Madeline with one arm and helped you up with the other.

"I-I,-" You groaned at the pain in your stomach and he squeezed your hand. "I think they're coming," You told him. He nodded, helping you into the car.

"I know, my love, I know," He ran over to the driver's seat after getting Madeline into her car seat. "You're going to be okay, they're going to be okay, everything is going to be o-" He was cut off by your scream in pain.

He rubbed your hand with his thumb as he steered the car with one hand. You squeezed his hand, and he knew his hand would be red by the time you were done. "Is mommy okay?" Came a whisper in the backseat. Ethan turned at a red light and nodded.

"Your brother and sister coming soon, princess."

-----

(ethan's pov)

"She'll be okay," Grayson told me, as I paced back and forth in front of the operating room. "They're going to be born healthy, she can do it," He said. Madeline had fallen asleep on his shoulder, and I was glad. I didn't want to worry her.

"Why won't they let me go in, they have to let me be there," I said. I groaned, sitting down on a chair next to him. He patted my shoulder.

"Hospital policy, E," He said. I groaned, rubbing my face with my hands. "She's going to be okay, the surgery will be fine." I nodded taking deep breaths.

We'd already planned for her to have a c-section, when the doctor told us neither of them was going to be ready to come out, near the due date. It was safer this way, there was no chance of them getting stuck like Grayson.

Leaning back into the chair, I sighed. I looked over at Madeline, comfortably sleeping on Gray's shoulder. I smiled and stroked her hair, careful not to wake her. She turned her head in her sleep to face me and I leaned over to kiss her cheek.

I looked up at the ceiling lights, praying for the best when the operating room door opened. I stood up to meet the doctor. "They're here," He said, with a smile, taking his gloves off. I smiled and began to cry.

---

"Ready to meet them, princess?" I asked. Madeline nodded and smiled up at me. I carried her into the room, where, y/n was sat up, Jace in her arms, Judith in the crib next to her. "There they are," I whispered to Madeline, walking over. Her eyes wide and mouth open, she watched the babies silently.

"Babies?" She whispered. I nodded. She smiled and reached over to Jace. I held her over y/n and she bent down to touch Jace's head, hair growing fast. It's been a couple of days after all. "Brother." She said. I nodded and she smiled at me.

I turned so she could see Judith and she smiled. "Her name's Judith, my love," I whispered. She nodded, and I held her down. A tiny hand on Judith's head she pressed her lips to the baby's cheek. I smiled, lifting her back up. "Do you like them?" I asked her. She nodded, and I smiled.

"Jace," She pointed to him and y/n looked up at me and smiled. I sat on the side of the hospital bed, Madeline on my lap.

"How'd you know?" I asked. She just nodded and rested her head on my shoulder. "Aren't they cute?" I asked her. She nodded at me.

"Mommy," She said. Y/N nodded and smiled at Madeline. "Mommy, I love you," Madeline said. I smiled, tears in my eyes.

"I love you too, baby," Y/N told her. Madeline nodded and rested on my shoulder. "Do you want to hold your brother?" Y/N asked her. She looked up at me and I nodded at her.

Y/N carefully placed Jace in Madeline's arms and I helped her hold him. "Baby," She whispered. I nodded, kissing her head. Jace looked up at Madeline and she turned around to grin at me. I nodded as she placed a hand on his stomach. I smiled and rested my chin on her head.

"Y/N, I love you," I said to her. She smiled and I leaned over to place my lips to hers. "You did it, baby, you did it," I said. Y/N reached over and took Jace from Madeline. Madeline turned around to face me and wiped away my tears, her little ring scratching my face. I smiled.

"I love you too, Ethan," Y/N said. She smiled. "But that cake is probably burnt and stale, by now," She said. I chuckled.

"You gave birth and you're worried about a cake?" She let out a soft laugh. Madeline pointed to Judith and I moved over to take Judith from her crib. Placing her on Madeline's lap, I helped her hold her sister. "I love them," I said. Y/N nodded.

"Love them too," Madeline whispered as I kissed her cheek once again.