monsters//g.d

(y/n pov)

"Y/N, baby, what are you doing?" Grayson asked, walking into the kitchen with Cameron in his arms. You straightened your shoulders and gave him a smile. Balancing on the counter, you tried to stand as properly as possible.

"I live in this house and that gives me the right to do whatever I wa-" He cut you off, walking over to reach up one arm to keep you balanced.

"Where's the spider?" He asked, his voice felt. You pointed at the ground next to the fridge. He sighed. "Wait here, don't fall." He said. You nodded as he left the kitchen.

"Hurry up, Grayson." You said. You could practically hear him roll his eyes through the walls.

"I need you to watch him carefully, okay princess?" You heard him tell your 4-year-old daughter. "Don't let him crawl away." He said, referring to your eight-month-old.

"He can be my guest at my tea party!" Lisa yelled. You smiled, before catching sight of the spider once again. You groaned.

"Grayyy..." You said, as he walked back into the kitchen, and looked between you and the spider crawling on the floor, completely harmless. "Save me," You said. He rolled his eyes and put his hand on his hips.

Grabbing a piece of cardboard from a cereal box and a glass, he caught the spider and took it out to the backyard. You sighed as he walked back into the kitchen and put the mug in the sink. He looked up at you. "You gonna get down, babe?" He asked, crossing his arms at his chest.

"I can't." You said, simply. He chuckled, spreading his arms. You shook your head. "Are you good, I'm not jumping, what the hell?" He laughed again and walked over to you, wrapping his arms around your legs and letting you down. You smiled and went back to the sink, to wash the dishes.

"You're welcome?" He asked, wrapping his arms around you from behind you and rested his chin on your shoulder. "You know, you're a grown woman, we have two kids, you can't possibly still be scared of spiders."

You smiled and rolled your eyes. "Winna do the dishes?" You asked. He pulled away and moved to lean against the counter next to you.

"I make dinner every day, you have to do the dishes." You rolled your eyes, putting away the sponge. "And besides, I have to go play with my kids." He said. You laughed as he walked out of the kitchen.

---

"You fed him right?" Grayson asked, climbing into bed. You turned from Cameron's crib and put a finger to your lips. He nodded and sat on the bed. "You think he'll sleep tonight?" He whispered. You shrugged.

"I hope so," You said, leaning down to kiss Cameron on the head before turning to sit next to Grayson. "The year or so between the two was so, oh my god, relaxing." You said. He nodded, scooting back into bed and pulling you with him.

"But it's worth it, they're amazing." You smiled at his words and pulled the covers up and over you. He wrapped an arm around you and you moved your head to his shoulder. "It's also nice going to bed at 8, huh?" He asked with a chuckle. You smiled.

"Is she asleep?" You asked. He nodded and kissed the top of your head.

"You always have to go mom mode on me," You smiled and pressed your face into him. "I read to her until her eyes fluttered. Lisa's going to be so beautiful, holy crap look at her mother." He said. You smiled and leaned up to peck him on the lips.

"I love you, Gray, holy fuck, I love you." You whispered. "Goodnight, baby." You said. He chuckled.

"Watch that language, Mrs. Dolan," He said. "Goodnight, my love, I love you." He wrapped his other arm around you and you closed your eyes. You flinched at the feeling of his chin on your forehead.