emergency//g.d

AN// hello my loves, so this is part 4 of wealthy//g.d. there'll be one more part to this story,, ahh this was so so fun,, love you all <3

(y/n pov)

"What's wrong, baby?" You asked. Grant looked up at you as you sat up in bed. Grant held his stomach, tears in his eyes. You looked over at Grayson, still sleeping next to you. You stood up out of bed and reached your hand down. Grant took it as you walked out of your room.

You and Grayson had been together for over a year now. Once Gray's new job had picked up, Gray was back on his feet. He had you to support him and you took care of Grant as if he was your own son. Soon after Grant graduated kindergarten, you'd invited Grayson and him to stay with you. Permanently.

So, Grayson and Grant moved in with you, you had a few spare rooms that you used as guest bedrooms, and Grant took the biggest one as his own. Grayson now slept by your side every night, and everything felt right. You knew Grayson wasn't going to be just a boyfriend. You knew he was going to be yours forever.

You and Grant went downstairs to the kitchen and he cried into your shoulder as you picked him up. He was getting big, just a few weeks until he was 6. "My tummy hurts," He mumbled. You rubbed his back as you sat him on the counter. He bent over holding his stomach as he cried.

"You're okay, shh..." You rubbed up and down Grant's back as you reached over to the medicine cabinet. "Do you feel like you're gonna throw up?" You asked him. He shook his head. You got him some Gravol just in case.

"I don't want medicine, I just want to feel better," He cried. You wrapped your arms around him as he held his stomach. He'd been feeling sick all day, a fever and he'd missed a few days of school too. You poured some of the medicine and gave it to him. He frowned taking it.

"What's happening?" Grayson asked, walking into the kitchen. You looked back at him as Grant took the medicine. "You good, bud?" Grayson asked walking up to Grant and you.

"Did we wake you up?" You asked. He shook his head, rubbing Grant's shoulder.

"Bed was cold, so I got up, it's okay," Grayson said. You nodded, going to put the spoon in the sink. "Should we go to the doctor's tomorrow?" He asked you. You nodded, pushing back Grant's hair, and freezing.

"This is worse than a fever, he's burning," You said, pressing the back of your hand on Grant's shoulder. You frowned as Grayson did the same and turned to you. "We should go to the emergency," You said. Grayson's eyes widened and Grant cried louder.

"I'll take him to the car, you change really quick and get me a shirt?" You nodded, kissing Grant on the head and rushing upstairs. You changed as quickly as you could and grabbed Grayson a sweatshirt to put over his sweats. You ran back downstairs, but not before grabbing your wallet, and phone as well as Grayson's.

Grayson went over the speed limit as you sat in the back with Grant who was crying harder by the second. You kissed him on the head and rubbed his back as he held his stomach as Grayson pulled up to the hospital.

"My son's stomach's been hurting for a few weeks now and he's had a high fever that's only getting worse," Grayson rambled to the receptionist at the desk. She nodded gathering a bunch of forms to fill out.

"Okay, sir, it's family only, we need one of you in with him and one to fill these," Grayson took the forms from her and nodded frantically.

"Okay, I'll go in," Grayson said. The receptionist nodded and stood up.

"Are you the mother?" She asked you. Grayson looked back at you and nodded, you running your fingers through Grant's hair as he cried.

"Yes, yes she is," He replied for you. He handed you the forms and you took them in your shaky hands. You took them as the lady began making phone calls and directed Grayson and Grant towards a hallway. Picking Grant up Grayson kissed you quickly. "I love you," He murmured before rushing off behind a nurse.

You waited in the empty sitting area, legs pulled up as you fill in the forms. Grant's birthday, health card information, allergies, but it was all mindless for you. Grayson had called you Grant's mom, and that wouldn't leave your brain.

Did he mean that? Did he really love you enough to think of you as Grant's mom, as his wife? Or did he just say that to hurry up and to get Grant out of pain? Well, he had to love you, he told you so every day. But the fact that he could've just said it, scared you.

A couples hours passed as you gave the receptionist the forms back. You went back to your chair and waited for Gray to come back. But it was still dark out, and you'd just woken up. So naturally, you fell back asleep. Down on the uncomfortable hospital waiting chair.

---

"Baby, y/n, wake up," You felt someone shake your shoulder as you sat up slowly. You looked down at Grayson who was kneeling in front of you, waking you up.

"Is he okay? What happened? Can I see him?" You asked, rambling sitting up straight. He smiled and kissed you before you calmed down.

"He's okay," You sighed in relief. "It was appendicitis. We got here early, it didn't rupture." You nodded as Grayson ran his palm up and down your arms.

"Okay, okay, thank god," You sighed again in relief and he nodded, agreeing.

"Everything's okay now, he just has to be here for another couple days," Grayson told you. You nodded. "Are you okay now?" Grayson asked with a smile. You nodded, smiling.

"Can I go see him?" You asked. Grayson nodded but put a hand on your leg as you began to stand up. "What's-" Grayson cut you off by placing his lips to yours. You smiled, pulling away.

"Thank you for being Grant's mom," He whispered. You shook your head, putting a hand to Grayson's cheek as he sat, still kneeling in front of you. "I- I love you, for that," He whispered. You smiled and shook your head again.

"Hey, I love you both," You said. Grayson nodded and smiled. You sighed. "I'm happy you think of me as Grant's mother," You whispered. He rolled his eyes and smiled.

"What else would I've thought of you as?" You let out a quiet laugh. He smiled, reaching into his pocket. "Speaking of which," He paused and you looked at him confused. "When I heard you downstairs, I was gonna do this then, just you and me, but Grant was there, and well..." Grayson trailed off and you gasped.

He pulled out the little box and opened it to you. You bent forward, head in your hands as you cried in happiness. "Gr-gray-" You stuttered out, through tears. He reached a hand to wipe them away. You smiled.

"I- I love you so much, and I, uh have no idea how to do this," He laughed nervously but met your eye anyway. "I love you and I want to marry you, that's all." He looked up at you, hope in his eyes. You nodded.

"Yes, yes, oh my god YES Grayson," You said, as he slipped the ring onto your finger. You both stood up and he wrapped his arms around you. You stood there for a moment, the both of you hugging until you pulled away laughing. "Who knew I'd get proposed to at a hospital?" You said laughing, looking at the ring on your finger. You smiled.

He chuckled and shrugged. "I know it's not much, but I've been saving up for it since I got the job at the site, and I, I looked everywhere for the perfect one and-" You cut him off with a kiss. Resting your forehead against his, you smiled at him.

"I love you."