pinky promise//e.d

(third person pov)

"Where's your brother, angel?" Ethan asked, turning around as his 5-year-old daughter climbed into the back seat. Mabel grinned, pulling her seat belt on.

"Detention," She said. Ethan sighed, shaking his head. "He said it's 'till 4, this time," Mabel told him as Ethan began to drive home.

"4," Ethan repeated. Mabel began laughing again. "What'd he do this time?" Ethan asked, referring to his 8-year-old.

"I think he put gum in his teacher's hair, I don't know that's what a guy in my class told me," Mabel said. "Kyle's gonna get suspended soon if he doesn't stop, daddy," Mabel said. Ethan sighed, coming to a stop at a red light.

"I know princess, but he just doesn't listen, does he?" Mabel giggled in the back and Ethan smiled. "I'll talk to him when I get him after detention," Ethan said, getting closer to home, where y/n was home, taking care of Grayson's kids while their parents were out on a second honeymoon.

"Is he gonna get grounded?" Mabel asked. Ethan pulled into the driveway and raised his eyebrows. "Daddy he should get grounded, he stole my Halloween candy!" Mabel whined, pulling her seatbelt off.

"That's for me and mommy to decide," Ethan said, getting out and helping the child get out of the car. "And your bag?" Ethan said, handing the kindergartener her backpack. Mabel took it and they made their way to the front door, keys jingling in Ethan's pocket.

"Daddy, that's not fair!" She exclaimed as they walked into the house. Ethan chuckled, lifting her up. She frowned at him as he sat her on the kitchen counter, house silent. "Daddy, put me down," She said, pointing to the ground, too afraid to jump.

"I don't know," He teased, opening the cabinet to grab a glass. "You can jump?" He asked. Mabel's eyes widened as she stared down at the floor.

"Daddy!" She yelled. Ethan laughed, pulling her off the counter and onto the floor. She frowned up at him, tugging on his sweats as he filled his glass under the sink. "I want some too," She said. Ethan drank his water, rinsing his glass before filling up a plastic mug for her.

"There you go," He said. She drank the water and Ethan waited for her to finish before washing the glass. "Where's everyone?" Ethan asked. Mabel shrugged and reached her hand up to him. He took it and they walked out of the kitchen, hand in hand.

"Mommy!" Mabel yelled as they walked down the hall, Ethan's strides significantly shorter so his angel could keep up with him. "Mommy!" She yelled. Ethan smiled as they headed towards the bedroom, y/n curled up in bed with Gray's 3 kids. Mable giggled, looking up at her daddy.

"They're having nap time," She told him. Ethan nodded and she reached up to pull on the door to close it. He helped her and she blew her cousins and mom a kiss before shutting it completely.

"How should we kill time before we pick up Kyle?" Ethan asked her. She thought for a second, hands on her hips. "You got any homework?" He asked, picking up her bag that she'd dropped on the floor. She watched him set it high up on a counter, opening it.

"I forgot," She said as Ethan pulled out her container of oranges. Ethan frowned, setting them on the table. "Whoops," She said, looking up at him to check if he was mad.

"Okay, let's start by finishing these, hm?" He asked. She nodded and Ethan picked her up, carrying her to the living room couch. "What do you wanna watch?" He asked as she turned on the tv while he pried open her container.

"Daddy and Uncle Gray," She said, pulling up their channel on youtube. Ethan smiled as he leaned back onto the couch, Mabel crawling into his lap. "My favorite," She said, leaning back into his chest.