memory//g.d

TRIGGER WARNING: death of a parent (im sorry, i really am) and also an extremely long an at the end :(

(third person pov)

"Oh no," Victoria said as she watched Grayson walk to the bathroom, hand over his mouth. The little girl hurried behind him but paused when he closed the door behind him. She waited beside the door, the doll in her hand, flush against her as she hugged it tight, hoping he'd be okay.

"Princess," Grayson said as he walked out of the bathroom, voice dry and rough. Vi looked up at him, a smile on her face.

"Daddy all better?" She asked. Grayson smiled at her as he walked past her, careful not to give her, whatever it was he had. "Daddy play with Vi?" She asked as he made his way to the couch, carefully sitting down. She sat on the ground before him, a smile on her face as she held up a teacup.

Grayson shook his head as he laid down on the couch. Vi frowned. "Daddy's really sick, okay? Don't wanna get my Vi sick," He mumbled. Vi sighed and nodded.

"Daddy get all better," She wished. She watched Grayson close his eyes as his head hit the pillow. She sighed before scurrying over to the other couch to get his blanket. She ran over to him, placing it to cover him. She walked close to him, too close if y/n were watching, and kissed him on the cheek. "Nighty night, daddy," She whispered, even though it was noon.

"Victoria," Y/N sighed. Vi quickly turned around, seeing her mom watching with her hands on her hips. "I don't want you getting sick, please stay away from him, angel," She said. Vi sighed.

"Vi take care of daddy," The three-year-old told her mom. Y/N shook her head. "Mama, daddy sick!" She exclaimed.

"I know, but you have to let him rest okay, we can't have you being sick too," Y/N said. Vi nodded. "Why don't you go play up in your playroom?" She asked. Vi nodded, heading upstairs, head down low, shoulders slumped.

---

"Victoria," Grayson whispered. Vi looked up from her building blocks and grinned, rushing over to her daddy as soon as he called her. "Princess, can you go get your mommy for me?" He asked. Vi nodded and ran upstairs.

"Mommy!" She yelled. She ran into her little brother's nursery, screaming for her mom. "Mommy!"

"Victoria!" Y/N exclaimed. Vi looked over to see her mom rocking her little brother to sleep in the rocking chair. "You're going to wake him up," Her mommy said, getting a little mad. Victoria pointed behind her.

"Daddy need mommy," She whispered. Y/N sighed, standing up to put Sylas in his crib.

She made her way downstairs, her little girl on her trail and headed towards Grayson, lying on his mattress. "Hey, Gray," Y/N said with a smile, crouching down next to him.

"Can you get me-" He coughed. "Wat-er?" He asked. Y/N nodded, smiling as she pushed his hair back before standing up to ho to the kitchen. Vi took this as an opportunity to go to her daddy.

"Vi help daddy?" She asked, sitting next to his head. Grayson smiled at her, reaching over to put a hand on her leg. "Vi get daddy tea?" She asked, reaching over for her tea set, just across the room. Grayson shook his head.

"How 'bout we have nap time together, hm?" He asked. Vi giggled and nodded, ready to climb on top of him, just like they used to have nap time. "Oh no, princess, daddy can't, daddy can't breathe if you come here, okay? How 'bout we get your mattress down too?" He asked. Vi nodded.

"Okay, daddy," She sighed.

Grayson had pneumonia. Why he had it? How he got it? Y/N couldn't figure out. And Vi? She had no idea what was happening. To her, it just seemed as if daddy was sick. And Sylas was only a couple months old, poor guy didn't even know his dad.