lil athlete//e.d

(y/n pov)

You put your phone down and kept driving, a frown on your face. Ethan wasn't answering his phone or the home phone. You'd just gone to the mall, what trouble could they've gotten themselves into while you were gone?

Turning into your street, your eyes glanced towards the park. And a smile rested on your face. Shaking your head, you parked the car on the side of the road. Grabbing your keys, drink, and phone, you stepped out of the car, and walked towards the park.

Walking by a bunch of little kids, you walked toward the basketball court, occupied by two people. Ethan's back was to you as he taught your three year old how to shoot. You crossed your arms and smiled as Ethan held Mason up to just drop them. Putting him down he clapped. Mason beamed at him and glanced at you. His eyes lit up as he ran over to you.

"Mommy!" He yelled, running to you and wrapping his arms around your legs. You reached a hand down to ruffle his hair.

"Hi, baby," You said to him. He pointed at your Frappe and you handed it to him. Taking it in both hands, he wobbled away. You looked up at Ethan who was now walking over to you, a smile on his face.

"Well hello there, gorgeous," He said, wrapping his arms around you. You smiled and shook your head, giving him a kiss. "I'd ask you for your number but I have a wife and she'd be pissed," He said, face in your neck. You laughed.

"Wanna explain why you haven't answered my calls?" You asked. He pulled away and patted the pockets of his shorts. He grinned at you. "Yeah," You said, rolling your eyes.

"I left it on the counter," He said. You shook your head, walking over to Mason, who'd now walked into a basketball game. The teenagers stared at him as you walked over to grab him.

"Sorry 'bout him," You said to them and they went back to their game. You carried him back to Ethan who took him from you. "Are we going home?" You asked. Mason ignored you and began pushing your drink towards Ethan. Ethan turned his head away from the straw.

"That's got dairy bud," He said. Mason handed the drink back to you and squirmed in Ethan's arms. Ethan put him down and he wobbled away to the large soccer field, thankfully empty. You and Ethan followed. "You weren't supposed to be home for another hour, what happened?" Ethan asked, checking his watch.

"Well, someone wasn't answering their phone, so I got worried," You said. Ethan rolled his eyes.

"I'm a grown man, you really think I'm going to-" You cut him off.

"I think you're perfectly capable of doing any insane thing on this planet," You said. He shook his head and rolled his eyes once again. "I was worried my house would be on fire," You told him, laughing.

"Our house," Ethan corrected. Grabbing your hand and intertwining your fingers, Ethan and you followed Mason around the field, making sure he didn't fall. "And it's not on fire, stop overreacting."

"Stop overreacting?" You asked. Ethan chuckled. "Comes from the one whose middle name is practically extra."

"Hey, my middle name's Grant, you know that," He said. You laughed, and he bent down to kiss your cheek. "Careful, little guy," Ethan said, letting go of your hand to run over to Mason who had fallen onto his bum.

Pulling Mason up, Ethan held his hand, making sure he didn't fall again. "He's three, he can walk," You told Ethan. Ethan looked back and nodded.

"I'm just taking safety precautions," He told you, a 'duh' look on his face. You shook your head smiling. "Doesn't he have to go to school soon?" Ethan asked as Mason sat down, picking at the grass.

"Oh my god, he does," You said, sitting in front of Mason, pulling his hand away from the grass. "That's dirty baby, don't put in your mouth," You told him. He looked up at you and grinned.

Ethan sat behind Mason and spread his legs out. Ethan leaned back on his palms as Mason handed you a dandelion. "For mommy," He told you as you took it from him.

"Why thank you, my love," You said, smiling. Ethan tapped on his shoulder. Mason turned to look at him. "Are you gonna give daddy one?" You asked. Mason shook his head.

"Nope," you laughed as Ethan frowned and pretended to be upset. Mason turned to look at him and laughed. "Okay here you go," Mason gave Ethan a dandelion and Ethan smiled and took it.

"Thanks, dude," Ethan said. You shook your head and smiled. "I'm going to give it to your mommy, okay?" Mason nodded and went back to look for more dandelions.

Ethan handed you the dandelion and you took it. You smiled and Ethan went back to lean on his palms, before sitting back up to put a hand over Mason's head as a ball flew past. You gasped as Ethan stood up to go get the ball.

Ethan ran over and picked up the ball, throwing it over to the kid who kicked it. "Thank you, sorry," He said. Ethan shook his head dismissing it.

"Don't worry about it," He told him, walking back to you and Mason. "Next time, kick with the side of your foot, instead of the front," He said. The kid looked confused.

"What?" He looked at Ethan and Ethan looked back at you. You nodded, grabbing Mason and pulling him into your lap. Ethan ran over to the kid and showed him how to kick the ball properly. You smiled watching them.

"Wanna play," Mason said, pulling your hair, and squirming in your grip. You smiled and held him back. "I wanna go," He whined, pushing at your arms. You laughed.

"Daddy'll teach you one day too, not now," You told him. He looked back at you, frown on his face. You bent down and kissed his forehead. He frowned and turned around, looking back at Ethan. You smiled, thinking he was done.

Leaning back, you let go of Mason to rest back on your palms. Looking forward, you felt Mason get up and run over to Ethan. You stood up, following him. "Dadd-" Mason was cut off, as the ball rolled to him, knocking him off his feet. You sighed.

"Buddy," Ethan said, walking over. Mason just layed on the ground laughing. You sighed, shaking your head as Ethan picked him up. "You good, bud?" Ethan asked. Mason just nodded, still laughing.

The kid who kicked the ball apologized again. You smiled and shook your head, telling him not to worry. "He's fine, don't worry about it," You let Ethan continue to teach the kid as you walked back to sit on the grass where you were before.

Ethan held Mason the whole time to keep him smiling, yet still managed to have him squirm, wanting to play too. "Let's give this one a turn," Ethan said, putting Mason down and the kid put the ball in front of Mason's tiny legs. "Kick, it, bud," Ethan said. Mason took a step back and kicked the ball, only rolling a few feet. Still, Ethan clapped, and so did you.

"Good job!" The kid gave Mason a high-five and beamed at you. You clapped again and he turned back to Ethan. Ethan picked him up.

"That's my little athlete," Ethan said, ruffling his hair.