neglected//e.d

TRIGGER WARNING// the whole deal: sexual assault, self-harm, depression, eating disorders :( im sorry

(third person pov)

Adeline shook her head, frowning at her plate as y/n put a single piece of meat on it. "You have to eat something, honey," Y/N said, putting a little scoop of mash potatoes down too. Adeline shook her head and pushed the plate away. "Adeline."

"I'm not hungry, I had dinner at my friend's, remember?" She asked, wanting to gag at the thought of the carbs in the potatoes. Y/N looked over at Ezra, the 13-year-old happily piling more food onto his plate. "Mom, really, I'm not hungry," Adeline said with a smile. Y/N nodded, leaving her plate in front of her, just in case she got hungry.

"If you feel hungry before you go to bed, come get something to eat, okay?" Y/N asked, leaning on a chair. Adeline nodded with a smile.

"When's dad getting home?" Adeline asked, standing up as her mom put food on her plate. Y/N sighed at the 16-year-old.

"He's still at that meeting with your uncle, he said he'd be home by 9ish?" Y/N said. Adeline nodded, turning on her heel to head to her room. "I'll tell him to come up when he gets home," Y/N said to her. Adeline nodded and ran up the stairs, up to her safe place.

Falling into her chair, Adeline hung her head down, long hair covering her face. That night, all those months ago, still playing over and over in her head. She was almost 17. This wasn't what she wanted to remember 16 by. She didn't want to remember him.

Adeline stood up, hands running through her hair. She needed her dad back. She needed the person who she used to tell everything to back. But Ethan was never around. He was always too busy, had his plate too full, all the damn time. He didn't have time for his princess anymore.

Adeline shut her eyes, tears streaming down her face uncontrollably. She didn't know anymore. She didn't know what to do. She was doing everything he said to. She was losing weight-too much weight. She was cu-cutting herself. She was doing everything he'd told her to do. So why wasn't she feeling any better?

"Stop," Adeline muttered. The bastard just laughed and continued. "Stop it," She whispered, tears falling down the face, arms weak as she tried pushing him.

"You're so fucked," He said, not making any sign of stopping. She cried, losing hope. She'd told Lucy she didn't want to come. She'd told her nothing good was going to come out of a party. But now here she was, under a guy she barely even knew. "Stop moving," He growled. She cried, wriggling from his grip, going nowhere.

And she tried. She said no. She tried screaming. But all he did was tell her how worthless and fat and stupid and terrible she was. Then why was he doing this to her? And in the end, he left her there, sprawled out on the bed, tears staining her cheeks.

"Adeline?" The girl wiped her face and looked up at her door, something she always locked, no matter what she was doing. "Ads."

"What's up?" She asked her brother through the door, wiping her face as she made her way over to open it. "Hey, Ez," Adeline said as she opened the door to him.

"I know you're hungry," He said. Adeline smiled, shaking her head. "You're so skinny, bro, this isn't healthy," He said. Adeline rolled her eyes, walking back to her bed.

"I'm not skinny, Ezra," She started. Ezra rolled his eyes. "And I'm not hungry, leave me alone," She said, plopping down. Ezra shook his head.

"You're gonna faint one day from not eating," Ezra said with a shake of his head and walked away. Adeline watched her brother leave before running back to lock her door.