field trip//g.d

(y/n pov)

"Can't mom just come with me instead?" Jamie asked. Grayson smiled at her and raised his eyebrows at his 15-year-old.

"Why, princess, are you already embarrassed of me?" Grayson asked his daughter putting. She rolled her eyes and paced back and forth down the living room. "You really don't want me coming?" He asked her again.

"It's just, ugh, mom please?" Jamie shouted into the kitchen. You smiled, drying your hands and walking out. Drew looked up from his homework as you handed him a bowl of ice cream. He frowned.

"I want more," He asked you. You shook your head, sitting on the armrest of the couch Grayson was sitting at.

"I have work, honey," You said to her. She frowned and groaned, falling against the wall. "Why is it so bad if your dad goes?" You asked her.

"Because!" She yelled. You sighed, picking up her permission form again. You read it over. A parent had to go if she wanted to stay the night at the camp.

"Then don't sleepover, sweetheart, I can't go, love," You said to her. She sighed loudly.

"All my friends are staying," She said. You nodded.

"Then go with dad," You told her. She sighed. "Why don't you just tell us why you don't want him to go with you?" You asked. She sighed again, sitting down on the floor.

"Okay, look," She said. Drew looked up from licking his bowl clean and sighed at the emptiness. "All the girls, they- ugh, they make it weird, okay?" You frowned.

"Are you getting bullied?" Grayson asked. You put a hand on his shoulder, to calm him down. Jamie shook her head.

"No- it's the opposite," She groaned. You sighed and shook your head, resting your elbow on Grayson's shoulder. "They like, worship me, because you're my dad," She said. You raised your eyebrows as Grayson's furrowed.

"But wh-" Grayson started before Jamie cut him off.

"Because they think you're hot!" She yelled. You looked at Grayson and laughed and he did. Jamie rolled her eyes and layed on the floor. "Shut up," She said. You sighed and shook your head.

"Jesus, Jamie, that's why you don't want him to go?" You asked her. She nodded and groaned.

"It's annoying," She said. Grayson just laughed and shook his head. "And it's weird" She continued.

"Just ignore them, honey, and besides," You moved from the armrest to sit on Grayson's leg. He wrapped his arms around you. "Your dad's mine," You said, wrapping an arm around his neck. Grayson chuckled and pulled you closer to him.

"Ew guys," Jamie said with an eye-roll. You laughed and pecked Grayson on the lips before getting up to take Drew's bowl away from him. "Please, mom, just come?" She asked. You shook your head.

"I have work baby," You told her, pulling the bowl from the 12-year-old. "It's dad or Uncle E," You told her. She sighed.

"They look basically the same!" She yelled. You laughed, walking into the kitchen. "Okay, okay fine," She said. You smiled, shaking your head.

"You want me to come?" You heard Grayson asked her. You heard a loud sigh and a chuckle. "Guess we're both packing out bags then," He said to her as you walked out of the kitchen.

"Need me to sign it?" You asked, picking up the form. Grayson stood up next to you and Jamie nodded. She began to get up and walk upstairs before Grayson wrapped his arms around her stopping her.

"Dad!" She yelled. He just squeezed her tight and she giggled. "Lemme go, I have homework," She groaned as Grayson let her go. He kissed her head before she ran upstairs.

"Love you, princess," He yelled after her.

"Love you too, dad!" She yelled down. Grayson smiled and turned around to look at you.

"She's growing up too fast," He told you. You smiled and nodded.

"Don't worry, I'm not growing up guys!" Drew said, looking up from his math homework. You shook your head and smiled. Grayson walked over.

"Please don't, bud," Grayson said ruffling his hair.

-----

(gray's pov)

I loaded both suitcases into the car and leaned against the front door. "Jamie!" I yelled, checking my watch. "We're gonna be late princess," I said as she came running down the stairs. I frowned.

"Lemme get breakfast," She said, walking into the kitchen. I followed her in.

"What the hell is that?" I asked. She turned from the toaster and looked down at herself.

"What the hell is what?" She asked. I pointed to her top. "A shirt?" She asked. I shook my head as she turned back to the toaster.

"You can't wear that," I told her. Jamie groaned and turned around. "Jamie."

"Dad." She repeated. I sighed and shook my head. "I'm not changing dad," She said, turning the toaster on.

"Um, yes you are," I said. She shook her head and walked over to the fridge. I crossed my arms over my chest. "Everything's exposed, who let you buy that?" I asked. Jamie rolled her eyes at me, pulling out the milk.

"I bought it," She said. I shook my head and sighed. "Dad, it's an off the shoulder top, nothing but my shoulders are exposed!" She yelled. I shook my head as y/n walked into the kitchen, still in her pajamas.

"What's wrong?" She asked pecking me on the lips. I sighed.

"Her shirt, that's what's wrong!" I yelled. Jamie rolled her eyes. "Y/N look at her, everything's on display!" I yelled. Y/N shook her head and sighed, turning the coffee machine on.

"It looks fine, baby," Y/N said. I shook my head. "Yes does, I think you need coffee," She said with a smiled. I shook my head.

"I'm perfectly fine, that's how I know that shirt's-" But y/n cut me off by pressing her lips to mine. "Well," I whispered.

"Get a room guys, jheez," Jamie said, walking out of the kitchen with her plate.

"No food on the couch, Jamie," Y/N yelled after her. She groaned and walked to the dining table. "Leave her alone, babe," Y/N said to me, going to get her coffee. I sighed.

"But the shirt!" I yelled. Y/N sighed and handed me her mug.

"I think you need this more than me," She said handing it to me. I sighed, taking it.

"It's gonna be a long weekend," I sighed, taking a sip.  

*****

AN// so i have a feeling some of you lovely people are gonna want a part 2 so lemme just say that im not gonna write a part 2 to this one, just because i think its so much cuter just like this :) also also also, i forgot to gush over how cute this week's video was omg omg omg <3 anyway, love you guys !!