hickey//e.d - part 2

AN// hey loves, this is part 2 of hickey//e.d :) im not going to be making this one a series, i think it'll just be two parts. but just a heads up, the time skip (---) in this imagine is actually a few months and based off a scene in the movie LOL. anyway, I love you all, and enjoy <3

(third person pov)

By the time Ethan pulled up into the driveway, Anne was already passed out in the passenger seat, Adrian running his hands through his hair, unaware of what was about to happen. "We're home bud," Ethan whispered, turning around.

Adrian looked up from his palms and out the windows, "Oh," Was all he said as he opened the car door to get out. Adrian held the door open for his dad as Ethan pulled Anne out of her seat, her arm slung over his shoulder, face in his neck.

Ethan tossed the keys over to Adrian and he locked up, then rushed to the front door to open it. "I'm gonna put her to bed, okay?" Ethan asked. Adrain nodded, surprised his dad wasn't screaming at him. Adrian helped them into the house and headed up to his own room.

Ethan carried Anne into her room. She woke up just as he set her on the bed, and she looked around, still drunk and confused. "Daddy?" She asked. Ethan smiled as he looked at her, pushing the hair out of her eyes.

"Let's get you into pajamas, okay?" He asked. She nodded and Ethan helped her into pajamas, and she made her way over to the bathroom. "Maybe you should just sleep, princess, he said, pulling her back by the hand. She frowned at him.

"But my skincare, daddy," She whined. Ethan sighed, pulling her back to bed, helping her sit down. "Are you gonna tuck me in like the old times?" She asked with a grin. Ethan chuckled, nodding.

He helped her under the covers, pulling her blanket over her chin and kissing her forehead before standing up. "Goodnight princess," He whispered. She nodded and closed her eyes, turning to her side.

"Night, daddy."

Ethan sighed and walked out of her room, turning the lights off as he left the room, one last glance back at his sleeping princess. Closing the door behind him, he made his way over to Adrian's room, seeing that the light was still on.

"Bud?" Ethan asked, knocking on the door. "You there, Adrian?" He asked, unsure if his son was in the bathroom or not. A sound of affirmation was heard and Ethan opened the door.

Adrian pulled down his t-shirt and looked at Ethan. "Hey dad," He said. Ethan nodded, walking into the mess of a room his son's place had become.

"You're cleaning this, first thing tomorrow, I'll tell your mom," Ethan said, referring to his room, and sitting on the bed. Adrain smiled and rolled his eyes. "We have to talk, buddy," Ethan said, running a hand through his hair, now with a few grey strands.

"Yeah," Adrian said, taking a seat in his chair, still only half changed. "It's uh 3 in the morning, so we could reschedule for tomorrow morning?" Adrian asked, a smile on his face. Ethan shook his head, chuckling.

"We're doing this now, bud," Ethan said. Adrian sighed and sat back into his chair. "Did you know?" Ethan asked him after a few moments of silence. Adrian nodded.

"She- she came home with a hickey once," Adrian started. Ethan clenched his fists. "And I see them at her locker, making out behind the school, and shit," Adrian said, looking everywhere but his dad.

"Why didn't you, you know, tell me?" Ethan asked. "Did she tell you not to?" He continued. Adrian nodded slowly and Ethan hung his head. Embarrassed that his daughter didn't trust him.

"She was just scared, dad, that you'd be mad," Adrian said. It was understandable, after all, Ethan was mad. And if the situation were any different, Anne would be grounded for years. "I told Uncle Gray," Adrian said, deciding to be honest about the whole situation.

There goes Ethan's heart again. His own son trusted his brother better than him. But Ethan was just glad that at least Adrian had someone to confide in. "What'd Gray say?" Ethan asked. Adrian sighed.

"He said to let her be if she was happy, and she was, dad, she was happy," Adrian said. Ethan nodded. The whole family had noticed how much more happy these past few months she'd been. But she wasn't now, was she? "I'm sorry dad," Adrian said. Ethan shook his head, standing up.

"Next time, tell me, okay?" Ethan asked, spreading his arms. The seventeen-year-old stood up and hugged his dad. "I just want you two to be safe, I love you guys, if you haven't noticed," He said once they were done. Adrian chuckled and stepped back.

"We love you too, dad."

---

"Give me your phone," Ethan said. Anne shook her head. "Anne I swear to god," He said, hand stretched out.

"Dad it wasn't my fault!" She said, running her hand through her hair. Ethan paced around the kitchen. "Dad it wasn't my fault, why aren't you listening to me?" She yelled.

"Anne." He said, staring at her once again. "Phone."

"It's at my friend's house," She said, sitting back in her chair. Ethan sighed. "It is,-" Bur before she could swear on anything, a ring was heard in her bag, resting on a chair. Ethan and his daughter looked at each other before they both lunged for the bag, fighting to grab it, but Ethan grabbed it first, holding it above his head.

"Do you have any idea what it's like to be called out of a meeting because your daughter started a fight at school?" He asked. She rolled her eyes, still reaching for her phone, up in her dad's grip. "Anne, you fucking punched a kid," He said. Anne groaned, falling back into her chair, knowing she wasn't getting back her phone anytime soon.

"But it wasn't my fucking fault!" She yelled. Ethan shook his head, putting her phone in his pocket.

"You can forget that trip to, where was it, Europe?" He asked, turning around, loosening his tie. Anne's jaw dropped. "Anne you can't go punch-" But Ethan turned around as he heard her scream, voice cracking.

"It wasn't my fault!" She yelled at him, collapsing as she began crying. Ethan turned around to look at her as she began to cry. "It wa-wasn't my fault," She said, head in her hands.

"Anne?" He asked, softly. He didn't- he didn't expect her to cry. He just thought- "Princess, don't cry," He said, walking over to her. What could he say, he was a sucker for his daughter.

"He called me a hoe, dad, he called me a hoe," She said as Ethan pressed his palm on the counter, leaning down so he could hear her.

"Who- who called you a hoe?" He asked, anger rising within him. Anne wiped at her face, beginning to hiccup. "Your ex, that guy?" He asked. She nodded.

"He called me a hoe, and, it, I punched him, he can't talk to girls like that," She said, hiccupping between her words. Ethan looked down at her, sympathy filling him. "And when I punched him, my friend, he punched him too and then it was a fight," Anne said, wiping her nose on her sleeve.

"He called you a hoe?" He asked, Ethan's mind stuck on that part only. She nodded. "Why- why did he call you that?" He asked. Anne rolled her eyes.

"If you think it's because I'm having sex random with guys, I'll assure you, I'm not," She said. Ethan nodded. "That's just what they do, dad, they're just assholes," She said with a sigh.

"You're not having sex at all though," Ethan confirmed. Anne rolled her eyes and nodded. "You were standing up for yourself."

"Yeah," She said, shaking her head, and wiping her face again, no idea why she'd started crying. But hey, it did get Ethan's attention. "I'm sorry for getting you called out of your meeting," She said finally. Ethan sighed, shaking his head.

"Why didn't you tell me that before?" He asked. Anne rolled her eyes, looking away. "Okay, okay, sorry," He said, opening his arms. Anne smiled, rolling her eyes again before standing up to go hug him.

He wrapped his arms around her and they hugged each other for a bit. "Can I get my phone back now?" Ethan rolled his eyes, giving it back to her while still keeping her in his grasp. "And the trip?" She asked, smile on her face. Ethan pulled away and kissed her head.

"Fine."