groceries//e.d

(third person pov)

Ethan woke up early for once, his dad senses kicking in as the summer ended. School started in a week, his fifth baby could come into the world any day now, and he knew the day was going to be long. Getting up at 7, far too early for an august morning, he knew it'd be best if he just got up.

Ethan kissed his wife on the head before getting up to brush his teeth and get ready for the day. Feeling the need to get a workout in, he decided to wake up his eldest. Just in case the little ones woke up before he got back from the gym.

Walking into Eliana's room, he caught sight of the 13-year-old sleeping, hugging one of her many pillows. And then he caught sight of the stained sheets. With a sigh, he walked over to the teenager, shaking her awake slowly. "Els, princess," He said quietly, shaking her shoulder.

She woke up slowly, groaning as she got up so early. She blinked a couple of times as she sat up in bed. "Dad?" She asked, not used to getting woken up by her dad, who always woke up after her. "What time is it?" She asked, reaching for her phone. Ethan sighed as she groaned.

"You stained the sheets again, angel," He told her. Eliana turned to see that she had indeed the sheets and sighed. "It's okay, just go shower, princess," He told her. She frowned and sat up.

"I'm sorry, I was so careful-" Ethan cut her off with a shake of his head and smile.

"Don't worry about it, just go shower," Ethan said, helping her out of bed. Eliana sighed as he kissed her on the head and she walked towards her bathroom slowly. She closed the door behind her and Ethan stared at her bed, his morning workout now not possible.

He pulled her sheets off of the bed, throwing them into a pile to be washed and spread out some new ones, as best as he could. Taking her dirty sheets downstairs, he threw them into the washer along with Josh's soccer jersey he'd been meaning to wash all week.

Ethan headed into the kitchen to make two cups of tea, one for Eliana and one for y/n, who he knew would be awake any moment. Taking them upstairs, he left El's mug on her desk and took y/n's to their room. And just as he'd suspected, y/n was sitting up slowly, rubbing the sleep out of her eyes.

"E," She said as he brought her the mug. She took it from him, holding it in her palms. "You're up early," She said with a smile. Ethan sat on the edge of the bed, one leg folded under him as he smiled back at her.

"Morning, gorgeous," He said. She took a sip of her tea as he rubbed his hands together. "Got lots to do today," He told her. She nodded.

"Me too," She replied. Ethan raised his eyebrows. "I've gotta walk lots today," She said, a hand on her large stomach. Ethan chuckled, shaking his head.

"You do that, baby," He said to her. She nodded and sighed. "El stained her sheets again," Ethan told y/n. Y/N sighed, putting her mug down.

"I'll go-" Ethan stopped her.

"No no, I put her sheets in the washer, she's showering," Ethan said. Y/N smiled, getting comfortable in bed again.

"Where's everyone else, you're taking them all, right?" Y/N asked him. He nodded. "Did you make breakfast?" She asked. He shook his head.

"I don't think El's gonna wanna come," Ethan said. Y/N nodded. "But I was gonna get everyone after I make breakfast," Ethan said. She nodded again and finished off her tea.

"I put the grocery list on the fridge," She told him. He nodded. "And for school supplies, they don't need everything, don't buy everything," She warned him. Ethan laughed, taking her mug from her.