twins?//e.d

AN// hey loves, this is part 3 of mute//e.d. part 2 was baby?//e.d so make sure you go read those firsttt xxx love you all

(y/n pov)

"Look at that," You turned your head from the blue fluid that was on your stomach and squeezed Ethan's hand. Looking back at the screen and stared at the moving images on the screen. You smiled at the nurse pointed at the screen. "That's baby A and-" Ethan cut her off.

"Wait, baby A?" He asked, eyes widening. The nurse nodded as he ran a hand through his hair and stood up out of his chair. "Holy shit," He said. You, still confused, looked between the both of them.

The nurse smiled at you. "You're having twins, Mrs. Dolan." She said. You shut your eyes and let your head fall back on the pillow. You felt tears roll down your cheek and looked up to see Ethan wiping them away, tears in his eyes. "Would you like the gender?" The nurse asked. You shook your head and looked up at Ethan.

"We want it to be a surprise at the baby shower," He said. She nodded. "Can you tell my brother, he's just outside?" She nodded once again. You smiled as she wiped off the goo on your stomach.

"Okay, I'll just print these out for you and I'll go tell your brother," She said to Ethan. You both nodded as she left the room.

"Here," Ethan said, helping you up. Helping you pull your shirt over your large stomach, he held your hand as you stood up. "No wonder you're so big, I just thought we had a Grayson Junior in there." He said. You laughed and put a hand over your stomach.

"How did we not know?" You asked, smiling. Ethan bent down to kiss your stomach before going to sit on the bed himself. He pulled you to him and pressed his lips to yours. You smiled as the nurse came back into the room. She handed you the printouts of your ultrasound and smiled. You looked at it as Ethan came behind you, chin on your shoulder.

"I've told your brother, be safe, and take care of those babies," She said. You nodded and thanked her. She let you out of the room and Grayson turned around, carrying Madeline. She smiled as you walked over to them.

"Twins, bro," Grayson said. You nodded and he put Madeline down. She ran to you and hugged your leg. "Oh shit, don't worry, I'll make this the best gender reveal in history." You smiled as Ethan chuckled.

You looked down as Madeline pressed a hand to your stomach. She looked up at you, eyes wide. "Twins." She whispered. You nodded, about to bend over to kiss her forehead. But Ethan's hand stopped you.

"C'mere princess," He picked up Madeline and held her to you so you could kiss her. You smiled before pressing your lips to her forehead.

Madeline had been talking more and more every day. Sometimes she'd actually talk, but mostly, it was just whispering. She made effort every day and that was all you and Ethan had ever hoped for. You'd considered taking her to speech therapy, but had decided against it, knowing it would make her uncomfortable.

"Twins," Ethan repeated, looking at you. "Holy fuck, twins." You sighed as Grayson chuckled.

"Language, E," You said. He rolled his eyes and kissed the side of Madeline's head.

"I want my niece back," Grayson said, taking her from Ethan's arm. He groaned and passed her over. You smiled as Ethan's hand found yours, and you walked out of the hospital, as the happiest people in the world.

---

"Yellow?" You asked. He set the paint cans down and nodded. "But what if they're boys?" You asked. Ethan shrugged.

"Yellow's pretty neutral," He said. You shrugged. "And pink is definitely too girly and blue would make it feel cold so Grayson and I thought yellow and grey." He said. You nodded, agreeing.