mother's day//g.d

(gray's pov)

"Okay, guys, guys, shh..." I said as I pulled Sara onto my lap as she squealed. "Princess, shh..." I said, looking down at her. She looked up at me and grabbed my t-shirt's neckline. I smiled and sighed.

"Dad, it's 8 in the morning." The oldest groaned. "And it's Sunday." He said.

"Mark's right," Leah agreed. I sat back into the couch. "Can we go to sleep after this?" She asked. I nodded and bounced Sara on my lap to keep her from crying.

"After you give mom your cards, you can go back to bed," I said. They smiled and pulled their younger brother off the ground, who was almost asleep. "C'mon buddy, up, let's go," I said as I grabbed his arm and pulled him up.

We went up the stairs, the box in one hand and Sara in the other. It was Mother's day, and I just wanted to surprise, y/n. I shushed them as we waked up to the room. I handed the box to Leah. "Ah-" She dropped the box down the banister, and I smacked my head.

"Really, oh my g- just go get it," I said. She mumbled a sorry and ran down the stairs. "Okay, okay, just be nice to her, okay? This is her day," I said to the other three. Leah came up running and showed me the box. I nodded and Mark opened the door.

-----

(y/n pov)

"Wake up, mommy," You heard. You opened your eyes to see Leah looking down at you. You smiled and rubbed your eyes. Leah got up to sit next to you on the bed. You sat up slowly as Grayson smiled at you holding Sara. Mark waved at you.

"Morning, guys," You said, voice scratchy from just waking up. "Why is everyone up so early?" You asked. Mark grinned.

"It's mother's day," He said. You realized it was and smiled even wider. "Dad made us get up." He said. You looked up at Grayson who rolled his eyes and you smiled.

"Awe, you guys," You smiled and placed a hand to your heart. "Where's my breakfast?" You asked. Grayson sighed.

"I didn't want a repeat of last year, babe." He said. You laughed as the kids gave you your cards. You smiled and looked at them, messily colored and folded unevenly. Even Sara handed you a card, covered in her scribbles. "And the box is from me," Grayson said, pointing at the box in Leah's hand.

She handed it over and you took it. "Is Liam still in bed?" You asked opening the box. You looked around the room as did Gray before looking into the box. "Uh, this is empty, baby." You said, holding it up for Grayson to see. His eyes widened.

"Leah," He groaned. You sighed. "Did you dro-" He was cut off by the sound of the room door opening again.

In came Liam, holding a necklace in his hands, the pendant dangling from his clutched fist. Everyone watched the three-year-old climb up on the bed and hand you the necklace. Grayson sighed in relief as you took it from Liam, kissing him on the head. You looked at the pendant. "Gray, Tiffany, really?" You asked. He shrugged and smiled.

"You deserved it," He said. You rolled your eyes and smiled at him, pulling Liam in for a hug and motioning him over. He bent down to give you a kiss and you pulled away smiling. "Love you." He muttered.

"Ew," Mark said. You looked up at the 7-year-old and rolled your eyes and smiled. "Can you just look at our cards?" Leah nodded and you smiled. You put down the necklace and the box and picked up Mark's card.

"Wow, honey, this is lovely," He beamed as you read the letters. "You spelled mother wrong, baby." You said with a laugh. Mark groaned as you opened the card.

You read over the messy writing and smiled. "Do you like it?" He asked. You looked up closing it. You nodded and held your arms out.

"I love it bud, thank you," You gushed pulling him in for a hug. He hugged you back before going back to the bottom of the bed. You looked at the next card and smiled at the drawing. "Is it me and you?" You asked Leah she nodded proudly and pointed at the card.

"I gave me purple hair, can I have purple hair?" She asked. You looked up at Grayson and he shook his head no quietly while she didn't see. You smiled at her.

"No, but you're getting better and better and drawing, princess," Grayson said. She beamed up at him. "Maybe we'll get you into art classes or something." He said. She nodded eagerly and smiled at you.

"This is amazing sweetie," You said reading over the card, smiling at her neat printing and very few spelling mistakes. "You're such a smart first-grader," You said as she crawled over the bed to give you a hug. You kissed her forehead and picked up Sara's card.

"That took 2 hours," Grayson said pointing. Sara let out a squeal and clapped her hands. "You have no idea how hard it is to get a one-year-old to press a marker to a paper." He said, kissing the little girl in his arms on the cheek. You laughed and opened the card to find even more scribbles.

"I tried to teach her to draw a heart," Leah said pointing at a red scribble in the corner. You smiled and awed. You put the card down and reached your arms out for Sar. Grayson set her in your lap and you kissed her cheek.

"Where's your card, Li-" You turned to see him already asleep on your pillow. You smiled and pushed his hair off his forehead. "Awe," you said. Grayson took Sara from you as you collected the cards and stood them up on your nightstand. You turned back to pick up the necklace.

"Can I put it on you?" Leah asked. You nodded and smiled. She walked over behind you as you scooted foreword. She fumbled with the clasp as you held your hair up. She tried for a few moments and groaned. "Daddy, I need help." She said. She moved over and gave you the necklace.

Grayson gave her Sara and sat down behind you. He took the necklace and put it around you. You smiled back at him and he pecked you on the lips. "Can we go back to bed now?" Mark asked.

You laughed and nodded. He ran back to his room eager to fall asleep and Leah put Sara down before doing the same. You looked back at Liam and smiled. You stood up out of bed, and pulled the sheets over him, letting him sleep. You stretched and looked over and Grayson, Sara in his arms once again.

"Breakfast, gorgeous?" He asked. You nodded and followed him out the door. Closing it behind you, you smiled at Liam.

You followed him down the stairs and into the kitchen. He put Sara into her highchair as she squealed. He kissed her on the forehead and walked over to the stove. You propped yourself on the counter next to it. "You really woke them up to give me cards?" You asked. He smiled pulling out the pan.

"It's mother's day," He said. You sighed and kicked your feet. "Even though you still act like you're 6," He said pointing to your legs. You laughed and smacked him on the arm.

"No more kids, Gray, I'm done." He looked over at you, eyes wide, hand to his heart, faking shock. "Gray, I'm serious."

"Why, we make them cute," He said with a frown. You smiled and nodded.

"Yes we do, but we have 4." He shrugged. "We're talking about humans, not action figures to collect." You said. He chuckled.

"I know, I know, I don't think we can handle any more either," He said. You nodded and sighed as he mushed up the batter for his pancakes. "But hey, the four we have are adorable." You nodded in agreement.

You held your arms out and he glanced over at you before pouring the batter on the pan. He moved over in between your legs and wrapped his arms around you. Framing your arms around his neck you pressed your lips to his. He smiled and you let out a laugh as the smell of burning pancakes filled your nose.  

*****

AN// just wanted to let you guys know that if you're constantly voting and commenting on these imagines, or any of them, i do recognize you. id be able to say out your users in a heartbeat if someone asked. so thank you, you guys make me smile a little more each day <3