Ch.4 My Brother, The Soul Reaper

"Ichigo!" I call after.

"I trust you won't do something that stupid." the reaper looks at me.

"...I'll do whatever I have to do to protect this family. I owe them my life."

"...Take care of the girl."

Having said that, the reaper quickly flees to where my brother went.

"...Emiko..."

I look down to see Karin struggling to speak.

"It's okay."

I pick her up as I stand. Quickly, I take her to my room. I place her in my bed before I leave and head down stairs. Once there, I find-

"Dad!"

Isshin was on the ground, covered in blood. I rush over to him to make sure he's okay. I place my fingers on his pulse.

"..."

He's okay, just out cold.

"Yuzu!"

I look towards the giant hole in the wall. There, in the street, was the creature the reaper was talking about. The reaper was holding it off as she protected my brother. He had Yuzu in his arms. The two appear to be talking about something, causing the reaper to lower her guard.

The Hollow saw this and took advantage of it as it snuck up behind her. I quickly made my way over to her.

"Soul reaper!"

I was able to push her out of the way just in time. But instead of her, I ended up getting hit and sent flying into the wall of the house. I land in some rubble as I cough up a bit of blood.

"Emiko!"

"Are you alright, girl-"

The Hollow swings its arm again, sending the reaper into another wall.

"Soul reaper!"

Beyond pissed, Ichigo stares the creature down.

"I've had enough of you!"

Ichigo gently lays Yuzu and stands tall before the Hollow. He was smirking at it.

"Hey, ugly. You want my soul?"

The Hollow looks at him.

"Then fight me like a man! Forget the others! It's me you want! So kill me!"

"Ichi...go..." I weakly speak.

"You fool!" the reaper cries out.

The Hollow suddenly comes charging at him, ready to kill.

But, it ends up biting down on someone else. Ichigo and I watch in horror as the reaper falls to the ground, bleeding.

"Soul reaper!"

"You...fool..." she replies in between breaths. "...Did you think it would be over if you gave it your soul? The you truly are a fool!"

"I'm sorry..."

While speaking, the reaper crawls to the nearby wall so she can lean against it.

"I fear... I cannot console you... I am too badly injured to fight it... It's a matter of time until we all become it's food."

Ichigo clutches his fists.

"Do you wish to save your family?"

"Just tell me how! I'll do anything! Tell me!"

"There is only one way..."

The reaper pulls out her sword and points it towards Ichigo.

"You must...become a soul reaper!"

"What are you talking about?! I can't be a-"

"You can! Place the point of the zanpakuto over your heart. I will infuse you with half of my soul reaper powers."

She's going to...give Ichigo a bit of her power?

"You will temporarily have the powers of a soul reaper. It will give you a chance against the Hollow."

"Are you sure...? Can you do something like that?"

"I do not know. Perhaps, because your soul is so powerful, but... The chance of success is low, and if we fail...you'll die."

Die...? Ichigo?

"There is no other way! Nor time to ponder it!"

It only takes Ichigo a second to think as he looks at Yuzu and I. With new found determination, he reface the reaper.

"...Gimme the sword, soul reaper. We'll try your plan!"

The reaper smiles. The Hollow starts to charge after them.

"My name isn't "soul reaper". I'm Rukia Kuchiki."

"Ichigo Kurosaki."

Having introduced each other, Rukia and Ichigo pierce the sword through his heart

Having introduced each other, Rukia and Ichigo pierce the sword through his heart. The moment it does, the two are surrounded by a bright blue light. I shield my eyes from it as the Hollow howls out.

Once the light was gone, I look to find it's arm had been cut off, and is now laying on the ground. Ichigo, now looking like Rukia, was standing in front of it with a giant sword. He looks at the Hollow and glares.

"No... I only meant to give him half my power..."

I look to find Rukia wearing a white rob. She was watching the two as well as she speaks.

"But somehow...he took all of it..."

With swift movements, Ichigo cuts off the Hollow's leg. It cries out in pain.

"That's for attacking my family you fish-faced freak!"

With one powerful swing, Ichigo splits the Hollow's head in half. The Hollow simply disappears, leaving Ichigo victorious.

"Ichigo..." I weakly smile.

My vision soon fades into darkness.