Ch.26 The Candy Shop

~~~~Emiko's P.O.V.~~~~

My eyes slowly open to reveal a ceiling I've never seen before.

"I'm alive...? ...Am I...in a hospital?"

"Nope. It's better than that."

I sit up to find a certain someone sitting next to me, fanning himself.

"Kisuke Urahara...?"

"That's me." he smiles.

"...Where am I? Why am I here, Mr. Urahara?"

"Well, you're at my candy shop. A good buddy of mine saw you get attacked by some Hollows and save you. They brought you here so they can go fight some off."

"...Hollows...?"

That's right. Uryu summoned Hollows to this town.

Throwing the blanket off me, I climb to my feet.

"I have to keep my family safe."

"Ms. Kurosaki you shouldn't get up too-"

I instantly fall to one knee. The pain in my body slowly began to subside once I stop moving.

"That's why..."

Kisuke stands and helps me lay back down.

"You should just rest. You're family is safe. Chad actually saved your little sister from a Hollow just a bit ago."

"He did? Which one? Is he okay as well?"

"Karin, and he's good. So is Orihime and her friend."

"Orihime was attacked too?"

"Yep, but they're okay as well."

"..."

"Boss."

A tall, muscular, man with glasses and a handlebar mustache opens the sliding door. He looks from me to his boss while still kneeling.

"I see the young lady is up."

"Yeah, but she'll be resting for a little while." Kisuke replies, standing up. "Now what do you need, Tessai?"

"The Kuumon has begun it's convergence."

Sky Crest? Is that what they're calling that hole in the sky?

"I see..."

Much more serious than before, Kisuke continues.

"The preparations?"

"Complete."

"Right. Let's go then."

"Wait."

Both of them look at me.

"You're going to help my brother out, right? ...May I join you?"

"You're injured-"

"The pain I feel now is nothing compared to the pain I'll feel in the future if anything happens to him."

"..."

"Please. I know I can't fight, but there has to be something I can do? ...Right?"

I don't need powers to help my family.

Thinking, Kisuke smiles. He turns his back to me and crouches down.

"Hop on, Ms. Kurosaki. If you don't get on now, this train is leaving~."

"...Thank you. I promise to not get in the way."

"Don't worry about that. Besides, this actually give me a chance to explain to you some things."

I climb on and he holds my legs in place. Once safely on his back, he stands and leaves the shop. Tessai follows us out. Hanging out in front were the two kids holding large items that have been wrapped up with cloth.

Looking up, the boy looks at me funny.

"Wait, why are you bringing her? She can't do much like the way she is now."

"Now be nice, Jinta." Kisuke smiles. "She'll actually our ace in the hole one day."

...What does that mean?

"Besides, she wants to help out her big brother."

"Tsk... Whatever. You! Girl! You better don't go crying to us if you get hurt even more!"

I send an ice cold glare his way and he begins sweating bullets.

"I meant, do try to be careful, Miss. It'll be dangerous out there."

"Don't worry, I'll keep Ms. Kurosaki safe. Now let's get going everyone. We're going to be late if we don't."

So we begin to leave. As we did, I look back at the candy shop. Standing at the entrance was Orihime and Chad. They both looked confused and worried.

~~~~Time Skip~~~~

On the way to the location Kisuke mentioned, he explained to me why Uryu might hate soul reapers so much. The soul reapers killed off all the Quinces a long time ago.

It was because they kill Hollows instead of bringing them to the Soul Society like soul reapers do. They believe all Hollows should die while the soul reapers disagreed.

Soul reapers had to kill them off... In order to prevent the destruction of the world. From what he told me, the souls in this world and the souls in their world are constantly being even out. In other words, it's perfectly balanced. If the balance were to tip in one direction, it will beckon the destruction of both worlds.

"I see..."

"We're here~."

We arrive at the park to find it crawling with Hollows. However, they all seem to be focus at the center.

There, fighting back to back was Ichigo and Uryu.

They were fending off the Hollows together. As Ichigo sliced up one Hollow, another had snuck up on him. Before I could warn him, a shot rings out loud into the sky.

The Hollow simply disappears. The little girl had used the large weapon she's carrying. Confused, Ichigo looks back at us.

"Mr. Kurosaki." Kisuke waves, happily. "We've come to the recue~."

"You're Rukia's acquaintance! Mr. Hat and Clogs!"