Ch.21 I'm Weak...I Know That

"...This is...my fight."

Ichigo...

"Emiko."

I nod my head, getting my brother's message.

"Right."

"Emiko?" Yuzu and Karin look at me.

"I'm sorry in advance, you two. I promise to make it up to you later."

"Wha-"

I chop the back of both of their necks, knocking them out. I caught each one before their sleeping bodies could hit the ground.

"Come on, Rukia."

"Right."

With my sisters in tow, we had for the woods.

~~~~Time Skip~~~~

"Hell nooooooo!"

"Don't complain or struggle! Or I can set you on fire if you want!"

"Nooooo~!"

We're currently hiding in the woods, next to were Ichigo's body was laying. I had placed the twins next to it as Rukia was struggling to get Kon, who was hiding in her bag, to go into Ichigo's body.

"Getting burnt is bad, but this is much worse!"

"Stop...making...trouble...for me! Ichigo's out there fighting while you're fooling around!"

"So?! Don't put me in his smelly-"

Getting annoyed, I address him in a cold manner.

"Kon."

He freezes, scared.

"Y-Yes, m-my lady?"

He looks into my icy glare and freaks.

"AHHHHH!"

"You will obey Rukia and get inside my brother's body."

"Y-Y-Yes, m-madam!" 

Rukia takes the mod soul out of the stuffed toy's mouth and places it in the body. After a second, Ichigo's body comes to life.

"Right! What is my order, my princess?!" Kon asks as he bows in front of me.

I kick him in the face, knocking him back.

"First, I've told you to stop with the nicknames. Second, if you ever use my brother's mouth to say such things to me again, I'll personally destroy you."

"Ahhhh! I'm so sorry!" Kon repeatedly hits my brother's head against the ground as he rapidly bows to me.

"Stop being childish, I need you to get my sisters to somewhere safe."

"Right!"

Getting up, he picks my sisters up.

"Okay, I'll get going now. I promise to keep them safe."

Kon takes off, leaving Rukia and I behind.

"...You know, my order was to keep all of you safe."

I simply look back into the direction my brother was fighting in.

"I may not be a soul reaper or have any fancy powers, but I can handle myself."

"You're just as crazy as Ichigo. I'm not letting you-"

"I owe him!"

"..."

"..."

Rukia stays silent, wanting me to continue.

"...I owe him...and the others. If it wasn't for them, I would... I would've probably died on the streets many years ago. They didn't have to take me in...but they did. And I'm thankful for that. So thankful that, when our mom passed away, I made a promise to her."

Facing Rukia, I continue on.

"I promised I would protect this family with my life. I can't let anymore of them die. I'm already upset I wasn't with Ichigo or mom the day she fell... I don't have the power like you or Ichigo, but if I can save a life by sacrificing my own, then I'll do it without a second thought."

"...Your words are very noble. But if you go back to him now, you'll only be in his way."

"...I know that... It's a shame I've become so weak. I have no problem dealing with humans, but Hollows..."

"...Emiko-"

"I'm sorry, Rukia."

"Huh? Wait-"

Hitting her in the back of the neck, I knock her out. I catch her and gently lay her body upright against a tree.

I'm glad her Gigai acts like an actual human. I wasn't completely sure if that would work.

"I'm sorry." I apologize to her. "I owe you one."

Bowing my head, I take off running towards the direction of Ichigo's fight.

~~~~Time Skip~~~~

I quickly take cover behind a large tombstone as I watch the battle. Ichigo was badly bleeding and heavily breathing. He was struggling against Grand Fisher.

"With short-lived passion, you discard you companion. With short-lived passion, you dive at your enemy's chest. This is how you will be controlled by me. You'll be killed without giving me a single sword wound."

"Shut the hell up!"

Ichigo swings his sword, but the Hollow dodges it.

"Even if my arms and legs are ripped off, I swear I will Defeat you!"

"And that right there is why you shall die. You're young, therefore you're easy to anger. You're angry, therefore your heart is shaken. And so...your heart is shaken, therefore your blade is dull."

As Grand Fisher spoke, the thing hanging from his head began to morph. My eyes widen as the thing took shape.

"It's over, boy. You're way too young to fight me!"

My mind stopped. I was too busy focusing on the person who had appeared before Ichigo. However, I was able to squeak out a sound.

 However, I was able to squeak out a sound

"...M...Mom...?"