Ch.66 Capture The Evil...And Fail

"BANKAI!"

She knows Bankai? ...Since when?

"INCINERATE MY VERY SOUL, FENIKKUSU NO AREKURUU HONO!"

The phoenix flies high in the sky. Facing down, it charges at Nagi. She holds her zanpakuto up and absorbs the phoenix just as it connects with it. A blindly light surrounds her.

Once it fades, Nagi held a weapon taller than her body.

Is that her sword? Her Bankai?

Nagi stood there extremely pissed. Not only has her zanpakuto changed, but her hair as well. It turned from brown to a golden color.

"...!"

I place a hand on my throat.

It's dry...and hard to breathe.

The surrounding air became heated. It was hot, very hot. And it's all coming from Nagi, who looked completely unbothered by it.

"AIZEN!"

I fall right to my knees as Nagi releases her spiritual pressure.

It's strong, extremely so. Is...this the power she had back in her day?

"Impressive. You're anger allowed you to break down your walls and achieve Bankai." Aizen continues to watch her. "Never once have I ever seen another soul reaper to be able to do that before. Well, then again, you're a Yamamoto. You're just as special as your father was."

Wait? Does that mean she just learned it? Like...right now?

"SHUT UP! I'LL KILL YOU!!!"

Gripping her weapon in both hands, she twirls it above her head before bringing it down in front of her. As she does, a wave of golden flames emerge from her weapon, splitting the ground as it heads for Aizen.

He just grins. Aizen stops the attack simply by holding both his hands up. It bonuses off and explodes in the air.

"Though it was a good try, I have to award you for making me use both of my hands."

With that said, he disappears. Reappearing behind Nagi, I couldn't even see his attack. The only with I saw was the after math. Aizen's blade...was right through Nagi's throat.

I cover my mouth to keep myself from crying out loud as I look on in horror. My body was shaking. I was scared before, but now...

Na...gi...

Aizen pulls his zanpakuto out as her hair goes back to normal. The weapon she wield did the same. Nagi's body simply becomes limp as she drops to the ground. Blood poured from her wounded neck.

"...She's..."

"No, she's not dead." Aizen answers me.

He then holds his zanpakuto over her body.