Ch.43 It's Our Turn

~~~~Two Days Later~~~~

"Alright, you got everything, Ms. Kurosaki?"

"Yes, Mr. Urahara."

The day finally came. The day I head into the Soul Society with Nagi. During my third day of training, I was sparing against Nagi again the whole day while Kisuke and Tessai work tirelessly to get the gate ready for us today.

It took them seven days to open the gate last time. So I can't imagine how much work they had to do to open it in one day.

Tessai and Kisuke stood on both sides of the gate, waiting for us.

"Are you ready?" I turn to Nagi.

She takes a deep breath and smiles my way.

"Of course."

"Alrighty then. But, before we do this."

Kisuke walks up to me and places the end of his cane against my forehead. I suddenly fall backwards.

"Ow... Geez, now I know how Ichigo feels. Can't you give me a warning before you do something like that. And why did you even do-"

I stop mid-sentence when I sit up. With my own eyes, I watch as my body falls to the ground.

"Wha... Why did you do that? You didn't do that for anyone besides Ichigo last-"

"Sorry, little lady. But this time is different. I'll explain when you get back, okay?"

I look back at my body and realize-

"...How come I don't have a Chain of Fate?"

"...Like I said, I'll explain when you get back."

"But-"

"Your brother and friends are fighting right now to save Rukia. Is now really the time for questions?"

He's right.

"I apologize."

"There's no need. We're going to open the gate now."

I grab the bag off my body after laying it down in a much more comfortable position.

"Don't worry, Ms. Kurosaki, we'll put your body with Ichigo's."

"Understood."

"Now, let us explain the-"

"You already did when you let the others go in before."

"Well, yes. Under normal procedure, you would have gone through the Dangai. However, we made your trip much more easier than the others."

"How so?"

"Well, when you walk through, you'll be skipping the Dangai this time. You should just enter the Soul Society in an instant. The only problem is, we don't know where we'll be dropping you off."

"That's okay. I'll be sure to get us to the Seireitei." Nagi hugs my arm.

"Alright. As soon as we open it, run right through."

"Understood."

"Got it!"

Kisuke and Tessai open the gate for us. And the moment they do, we run right through. A bright light fills my vision before disappearing.

~~~~Kisuke's P.O.V.~~~~

After they passed through, the gate closes behind them. I just stare at it.

"..."

"Boss."

Turning my head, I come face to face with Tessai. He was picking Emiko's body up.

"What should we do with this old Gigai?"

"Well, when I created it, it's main purpose was to suppress the little lady's spiritual power. That's what Isshin asked for. However, it completely drained it over the years. But, returning to the Soul Society should restore it over the period of time she's there."

I fully turn, walking up to him.

"We'll upgrade it. By the time she gets back, she'll know the truth about everything any way. This time, it'll be a proper Gigai for a proper soul reaper."

"Understood, sir."

With the Gigai in tow, Tessai heads for the exit. After taking a few more seconds, I follow his lead. Leaving, I whisper to myself.

"Good luck, Nagi...Lady Kazumi."

~~~~Emiko's P.O.V.~~~~

I open my eyes after the blinding light vanished. The sun setting, filling the sky with a beautiful orange glow. A large gust of wind continuously kept blowing through my hair, making my ponytail fly up... Wait a minute.

I look down to spot a beautiful world coming into view...actually more like towards me.

"Oh..."

I'm falling through the sky.

"KIIIIISSSSUUUUUKKKKKEEEEE!"

I look to my right to find Nagi freaking out.

"I'M GOING TO KILL HIM!"

"Relax."

"RELAX?! HOW CAN YOU BE SO-"

I hit her in the head.

"Ow~. Okay, I'll stop."

"I need you to focus. Is there a way for us to reach the ground safely instead of falling to our deaths?"

"Um...let me think."

"..."

"..."

"..."

"..."

"Any day now."

"SHUT UP! Oh- I know!"

Putting her hands together, she closes her eyes and focus. A second later, a light blue sphere surrounded the two of us.

~~~~???'s P.O.V.~~~~

A bright white light in the sky shined over the Seireitei, catching everyone's attention from squad one's barracks. I'm currently sitting in a window frame as I look up at the sky.

Watching the light vanish, I narrow my eyes to get a better look. There in the sky, were two people falling. A light blue sphere, made from spiritual energy, surrounded them as they continued to drop.

"...More Ryoka, huh? Just great..."

There was something about the spiritual energy, however. It felt like I knew it...but from where?

"Second Lieutenant Yamamoto, sir."

I look to my right to find a soul reaper kneeling before me.

"Yes, what is it?"

"Sir, two more Ryoka have invaded the Seireitei."

"Tsk. You think I can't see that, idiot? Who doesn't know at this point? They certainly made another grand entrance."

He bows his head even more.

"I-I'm sorry, sir. T-The Head Captain is currently out right now with First Lieutenant Sasakibe. So...what is squad one's orders?"

"Nothing."

"Huh?"

I swing my legs out the window.

"I'm going to deal with this problem alone. Make sure no one gets in my way."

"Yes, sir!"

Having finished giving my only order, I jump from the window and used flash step to safely land on the ground. With incredible speed, I head for where the Ryoka will land.

"This energy... It can only be one person."

Keeping my eyes on the prize, they narrow.

"Looks like I'm going hunting."