Ch.36 Training In Progress

"Isn't it difficult to catch your breath? It's also hard to move in the form of a spirit, don't you think?"

"...!"

"In your current state, the origin of your spiritual energy, Soul Sleep, and your booster, Soul Chain, have been destroyed by Byakuya Kuchiki."

Don't remind me... I don't understand how Rukia, who's very caring, can be related to that cold man. Just thinking about him gives me the chills... Is this how my victims feel...? I need to work on that.

"That is to say, you are merely a ghost of a normal human being without any spiritual powers whatsoever. In order to fight a soul reaper, you're going to need to restore your spiritual energy. But first, let's learn how to move that spiritual body of your, shall we?"

Ichigo kept listening, still having a little hard time breathing.

"For starters, spiritual energy is the power that works upon and encourages the spirit. The more your spiritual pressure rises, the shaper the movements of your spiritual body will be.

In other words, if you can manage to move your spiritual body even better than your mortal body, then that means you have made a complete recovery or your spiritual powers."

"I don't really get it." Ichigo finally talks. "So what is it exactly that you want me to do? Radio gymnastic exercises or something?"

"Well, instead of me standing here explaining to you, it would be easier if we started. Hey!! Get ready!!"

Ichigo and I watch as the little girl walks in front of us. She does a little curtsy.

"Please to properly meet you both, I'm Ururu."

"Hello." I bow a little to her.

"Um...hi..."

"Your first lesson is to fight her."

"What?! Are you out of-"

"The rules are simple. Once one of you can no longer move, the lesson ends. So just be sure to knock her out before she knocks you out."

Ichigo get right in his face protesting. As he did this, I felt a little tug on my hand. I look down at the girl.

"I promise not to hurt him too bad."

She's so quiet and shy. But, I can tell she's really strong.

"That's okay. If you and Mr. Urahara can get him his soul reaper powers back, that's all that matters."

"Okay."

"Ms. Kurosaki."

I look up to see Tessai standing nearby.

"Shall we head back up and begin your training?"

I turn to him fully and bow.

"Yes. Thank you for taking the time to teach me."

"It's nothing. Let me show you the room."

So the two of us head up.

~~~~Time Skip~~~~

"You're quite good at this, Miss."

"Well, my family does run a clinic."

I've just finished showing Tessai everything I know when it comes to treating humans. We are currently in one of the back rooms with a large table in the middle. On top of the table was a fake human doll that I was practicing on.

"Have you ever thought of becoming a doctor when your older?"

"I can't. If I became a doctor, I wouldn't have the time to look for my birth family. Or keep my current family safe."

"Safe? From what?"

"In general. I made a promise to my decease mother... A promise I'm struggling to fulfill. I mean, soul reapers, Quinces, Hollows...what's next? Man-made monsters? Or perhaps vampires? How is a normal human like me supposed to fight against all that?"

I clutch my fists with so much anger, I didn't realize the damage I caused. Tessai takes my hand in his.

"Miss, your hand."

I snap out of my thoughts as he opens my hand. My nails dig so far in my palms, I ended up making cuts. The palm of my right hand was beginning to bleed. Tessai begins to wrap it up with a small roll of bandages.

"...Thank you."

"...Do you wish you had powers? Powers like the one Ichigo is training for right now?"

"...Yes. I can't do anything without something like that."

"...I see... Let's start your first lesson. I will be only teaching you a three lessons."

"Three lessons?"

"Indeed. You see, there's not much difference between a human body and a soul reapers. And since you know the human body well, I know you won't need much teaching. Now...shall we get started?"

"Yes. And Mr. Tessai?"

"Yes?"

A small smile appears on my face.

"I owe you one."