Ch.32 Substitute Soul Reaper Vs. Soul Reapers

"Tsk... Who are you? Whose orders are you following? That sword...is idiotically huge!"

Renji was staring at Ichigo's sword with wide eyes.

"Huh? Well, I guess it's kind of big, isn't it? I thought it was pretty big compared to Rukia's. But up until now...there hasn't been anyone else's to compare to."

"Ichigo?" Rukia talks loud to herself. "That idiot... Why did he come here?!"

I lower my head.

"That's my fault... I thought he would be able to help us. But I see now, I've make a big mistake."

"I get it now. You're the human that stole Rukia's soul reaper powers." Renji finally realizes.

"What was your first clue?" I question him. "The fact Rukia said what she said? Or was it when he said he was my big brother? Are soul reapers supposed to be this uneducated or is it just you?"

Renji just glares at me. Ichigo simply changes the subject.

"So what if I am?"

"Then...you're dead!"

Lunging at Ichigo, the two begin to fight.

I quickly get out of the way. I was going to help the soul reaper, but when I went to go get her, she was no where to be found. So I went to tend Uryu's wounds instead. I was doing the best I can with the things I had on me.

...I'm sensing something bad.

I turn my head to see Rukia's brother. He was standing off to the side, watching Ichigo and Renji's fight.

I don't know why... But, I'm getting a really bad feeling about him, and it won't go away.

"Is this all there is to you?!"

Renji was driving Ichigo back.

"Is that big sword just for decoration?!"

"Your yapping is really getting annoying! You'll end up biting your tongue like that!"

Renji is just to fast for him.

Dodging Ichigo's attack, Renji cuts his shoulder, forcing him to his knees. Renji stood over him with that idiotic smirk of his.

"It's over. You die and Rukia gets her powers back. Then...Rukia will be executed at the Soul Society."

What?

Both Ichigo and I look at her. She couldn't look back at us though.

"Anyway, you're pretty stupid. Rukia came out by herself so you, or anyone else, couldn't stop me. You and your sister should've just calmly stayed at home. You two came here for nothing."

"..."

"Did you really think you or your brother could change something by coming?" Renji turns his head my way. "A hasty soul reaper like him can't even put one scratch on an experienced soul reaper like me."

Proving him wrong, Ichigo ends up slashing at his face.

There was a thin cut on Renji's chin.

"Oops, sorry about that." Ichigo grins as he stands. "You were in the middle of talking, leaving an opening. My hand just happen to slip. Did I interrupt you?"

"..."

"Sorry, please continue talking. You were saying something about one scratch?"

Renji wipes the blood off.

"You bastard."

"You were too careless, Renji."

Renji looks back at Byakuya.

"Captain Kuchiki? Sir, what are you talking about? This is nothing to a guy like this-"

"That young man who says he's Ichigo Kurosaki... I knew he looked familiar. Thirty-three hours ago, using the Stealth Force, we were able to see an image. A Menos Grande retreated to Wakomundo due to the scar he gave it."

"...Ha...haha... Hahahahaha!"

Renji's suddenly laughing out loud.

"You've got to be kidding! The quality of our undercover forces must be dropping! A guy like him gave a Menos a scar?! You expect me to believe that lie?!"

"Renji..."

"But just look at this guy's zanpakuto, Captain! It's big, but it has no strength to back it up! It's obvious he's not capable of exterminating Hollows with it! ...Hey, what's the name of your zanpakuto?!"

"What? The name? I don't do that kind of thing. Do you actually go around naming your swords?!"

"Figures." Renji replies, placing his hand on the blade of his sword. "He didn't even ask his own zanpakuto it's name. To think he came to fight as my equal. Come back after you train for 2,000 more years! Roar, Zabimaru!"

Running his hand across his blade, his sword changes shape, surprising Ichigo and I.

He digs his sword into Ichigo's shoulder, cutting it badly as he pulls it out.

"This is the end, human! Prepare to lose to Renji Abarai! You will die here!"