Ch.73 Idiotic Meeting

Wiping my tears, I pull back and try to collect myself.

"I'm sorry."

"You have nothing to be sorry for."

His smile was gone, but his voice remained gentle.

"..."

There's one thing I don't get if all of this is true... Who is Jin? Maybe that old woman was wrong?

"...Huh?"

Watching the window, I spot a black butterfly fly through. Raising his hand, it landed on Byakuya's finger.

As it fluttered it's wings, Byakuya seemed to...be listening to it? After a minute, it flies away.

Looking my way, he speaks.

"The Head Captain wishes to have a captains' meeting. However...you are to attend as well."

"Me?"

"That is correct. I've been excused because of my current state."

"Why...am I going to one of your meetings?"

"The Head Captain did not say in his message."

I see, that butterfly is how they communicate in the Seireitei.

"I understand..."

"Nagi can guide you to the building."

"Nagi?"

"...Open the door."

Getting up, I do what I'm told. As soon as it opens, both Nagi and Renji fall into the room. I glare at the both of them.

"How long have you've been there?"

Nagi smiles up at me.

"Since you've learned the truth about your birth family."

"I see."

Renji was already on the ground, bowing to me.

"I-I'm sorry for ease dropping, Lady Kuchiki."

Right. The Kuchiki Clan is a noble family. ...I better get used to this.

"Anyway, there's a captains' meeting you've been invited too?" Nagi stands.

I nod.

"Alrighty then. Grab on, Emi!"

I grab Nagi's arm and she flash steps away. It takes us seconds to appear into front of a large building.

Letting Nagi go, I look it up and down.

"Well, here we are~."

Without a care in the world, Nagi prances right up to the door.

"Wait, shouldn't we knock?"

"...Nah~."

She opens the door...by kicking it. The doors slam open with a loud bang. Standing in perfect lines, leading up to the head captain, some captains glances our way. Nagi's grandfather sighs as he sits front and center. Next to him, stood Kazz.

"Nagi, I will not tolerate your disrespect anymore."

"I love you too- Ow!"

Before she could finish, I had walked up to her and smacked her in the back off the head.

"Emi~."

"You're just as bad as Ichigo. Actually...maybe worse."

"Oh yeah-"

"You may leave." the head captain interrupts her.

"Why? I want to know why you called a captains' meeting asking Emiko to come."

"That does not concern you."

"What? Why do I have to leave? Kazz is standing right next to you. He's not a captain."

Kazz looks at his sister, annoyed.

"That's because I'm a captain-in-training. It's required that I come to every captains' meeting."

"You? A captain? Wait, hold up, before me?! That's not fair! I'm older!"

"You don't act like it."

"Shut up, Emiko! Ain't no one ask you! Grandpa, make me a captain! I'll take squad three, five, or nine."

"You've lost your marbles if you think-"

"But I know Shikai and Bankai. What do you know, Kazz?"

"That's none of your business." he calmly snaps back. "Besides..."

He smirks at her.

"You barely know how to control your Bankai."

"At least I can use one."

"Oh?"

"Yep."

"..."

"..."

What is this? Sibling rivalry?

"If you don't mind, sir. I would like Nagi to stay." I change the topic back to the main focus.

"...I will allow it then." the head captain replies.

Nagi and Kazz stop their antics just as the head captain returns to the original topic at hand.

"Emiko Kurosaki... Or shall I say Kazumi Kuchiki. I'm sure Byakuya Kuchiki has explained everything to you by this time."

I nod my head.

"I may be this missing child, but I would prefer it if you call me Emiko. That's the name I ever knew."

"Understood. Now that everything has settled for the time being, it is time to discuss your training."

"Training?"

"Indeed. As you know, tomorrow is the day your friends return back to the World of the Living. However..."

He looks right at me, dead serious.

"You will be remaining here, in the Soul Society."