Ch.70 Family Reunites

"..."

"..."

Nagi stood in front of her grandfather, playing with her fingers as she look towards the ground. No one dare made the first move to say anything. Internality sighing, I speak up first.

"Nagi didn't kill her father."

"E-Emiko-" Nagi tries to stop me.

"I know."

Nagi's grandfather talks.

"Kazz and I heard everything... Aizen was the one behind Tomohiro's death."

"..."

"...I'm sorry."

Nagi looks up at her grandfather with wide eyes.

"I apologize for having put the blame on you. I apologize for allowing you to almost face the death sentence. I'm sorry...for everything."

"..."

Nagi begins to tear up.

"...Grandpa..."

"...I'm sorry too...big sis..."

Kazz finally looks at her. His words are what threw her over the edge. She was full-blown crying as she traps him in a big bear hug. He immediately becomes flustered.

"H-Hey! G-Get off of me! This isn't how you treat a lieutenant! I've worked extremely hard for that title! Come on! O-Others are staring at us!"

"WWWWWAAAAAAAHHHHHH! KAAAAAAZZZZZZZ!"

"Idiot! Be quiet! Your voice is annoying!"

She stops being over dramatic and hugs him normally.

"You finally called me your sister again."

Sighing, Kazz hugs her back.

"Yeah, yeah... Don't let it go to that small brain of yours."

Letting him go, she wipes her tears. Then, facing her grandfather, she goes for him.

"GRANDPA!"

He steps to the side as she trips and falls.

"OW!"

"That's "Head Captain" to you, Missy." he simply says.

Jumping to her feet, she salutes him.

"I promise to never call you that."

"Nagi~." he says in a warning tone.

"I love you too, Grandpa!"

A small smile forms on my face as I watch them go back and forth.

"You're...actually friends with my sister? Like, for real?"

I turn my head to find Kazz standing next to me. He was watching his grandfather and sister who were now arguing.

"Sadly, yes."

"Really? For how long?"

"A few years actually."

"I see... Thank you for looking after her in the World of the Living then. It must have been hard."

I send him a true smile.

"It wasn't that hard."

He blushes as he looks away.

"W-Well, thanks anyway."

"I should be thanking you."

"For what?"

"You're the one who caught me, correct? When I was falling through the sky."

"So you remember that, huh?"

I nod.

"Thank you, Lieutenant-"

"Just call me Kazz."

"Huh?"

"Well, you're friends with my idiotic older sister. So you're a family friend. Besides, I have a feeling we'll be seeing a lot more of each other in the future."

"You feel that?"

He shrugs, putting his hands up.

"Yep, don't ask me why though. I have no idea."

"It's because the author plans it."

Nagi, who had suddenly appeared behind us, jumps into our conversation.

"What in the world are you on about?" Kazz raises his eyebrow at her.

"The author plans and writes our unknown future. She's all knowing, and seeing. You'll be seeing each other so much, one day you two will start falling for each other.

However, your love will then turn into a love triangle! I would tell the readers who the mystery person is, but it'll be revealed in either the end of the second book or in the third book."

"...What?"

"Don't look at me like that. Talk to the author."

"...You're stupid."

"No, dear baby brother-"

"Don't call me that."

"I'm sentient."

"...That means she's insane." I explain to Kazz.

"Oh."

"I'm not crazy! It's all true!"

"Right..."

"...I think you guys would make a cute couple."

Having enough, Kazz swings his fist at his sister...to only have Nagi catch it.

"Oh dear. Did you forget what I said this morning, little brother? I'm way stronger than- AAAAAHHHHH~! EMIKOOOOOOO~!"

I kicked Nagi.

She lands on the ground a long distance away from the two of us.

"Nice one. Can you teach me that? It might come in handy in the near future."

"Of course. I wouldn't want her to bug you. It's bad enough she bothers me."

"I think you and I are going to become good friends, Emiko." he grins at me.

Nodding, I smile making his cheeks turn red a little. Sitting up, Nagi yells over to us.

"Why are you two bonding over my pain?!"

"Because you're annoying." we said in unison.

She just laughs.

"You've cut me deep with your knife of truth."