Ch.67 The Power From Legends

A Cero?!

I look around at all the soul reapers.

No one has the strength to fight anymore. Not to mention, that's a lot of Menos Grandes. Can they even handle something like that?

"..."

The orb just continued to get bigger as everyone struggles to think up a way to fend it off. I quickly run to Ichigo's side.

"Ichigo."

He just continues to glare at Aizen.

"...Sorry, Emiko..." he weakly speaks. "But...I can't...even stand..."

Without warning, he wraps his arm around me and pulls me in close.

"..."

He didn't have to say a thing... I knew what he meant.

Burying my face in his shoulder, tears began to stream down my cheeks.

Is there truly nothing anyone can do?

"...Ichigo..."

His grip tightens.

We can't die here. I still have to keep my promise. We have a family back home waiting for us! I never found my birth family! We have to live, all of us!

God! Or Soul King! Whatever! Please! I beg of you!

My thoughts were desperate.

Let us all live! If everyone is weak at the moment...then give me the power to do something! You gave Ichigo the power to protect! Well, I want it too! Give me the power to protect my brother and our friends! To protect everyone!

The Cero fires, racing right towards everyone.

Please! I want to keep my promise to mother! I want to fight too! I hate not being able to anything!

Closer and closer it moved.

You can have my life if it means I can have that power! I don't care what happens to me!

It blast was right on top of us.

PLEASE!

"...Emiko..."

I open my teary eyes to find Ichigo's smile. He was trying to make me feel better in our final moments.

"...Ichigo..."

Hugging each other, we close our eyes. However, something shining bring caused us to open them again.

It was me.

The soul reaper uniform I was wearing had it's colors inverted. The outside was white while the inside turned black.

The light blinded every single person on this hill as it got brighter. Once the light dissipates, I stare up in complete shock. Surrounding the entire hill was a giant barrier of water.

"Is this...me?"

The Cero hits the wall of water to only get absorbed. After it does, I could feel the power through my entire body. If it wasn't stopped, the blast would have certainly killed everyone here.

"What...the hell...?" Ichigo continued to look on.

Not only him, but everyone else was stun and confused. Aizen looked a bit surprised as well.

If this is me...then before... When I was protecting Ganju...that was me also... This place is really affecting me. I need to go home.

The water starts to move and reshape. Meeting at the center point in the sky, it forms a zanpakuto.

 Meeting at the center point in the sky, it forms a zanpakuto

The sword then strikes down towards the ground. Landing in front of my brother at I, it stands up as the blade embedded itself in the dirt.

"..."

This...is my chance. To stop Aizen and make him pay for what he did to Ichigo, Nagi...and everyone else.

Standing, I run pass the sword while grabbing it. With the zanpakuto in hand, I begin moving faster. By the time I knew it, I was flying through the sky, charging right for the evil bastard.

Once on top of him, I swing my sword down. He blocks it with his own, creating sparks. Aizen regains his composer and smiles at me.

"So...the legendary White Soul Reaper is alive after all?"

"Ahhhhh!"

Ignoring his words, I use even more of my power. Doing so, I was able to slowly push his blade back.

"I see... Since you've been gone for so long, your power has weaken tremendously. However, with much needed training, I know you'll reclaim that incomprehensible power of yours. And here I thought, you weren't even worth my time."

"Shut it! I'll make you pay for what you did to Ichigo, Nagi, and the others! You'll pay for everything!"

"...Another time, perhaps. Once your power has grown, I'll be right there to take it for the Hogyoku."

He pushes me back with ease. Still in the sky, I ready my attack. Three rings of water swirled around my blade as I get ready. Aizen's smile just made me grow even angrier.

"Well, let me be the first to welcome you back home...Kazumi Kuchiki."

I raise the zanpakuto.

"My name is Emiko Kurosaki!"

Bringing down the blade, I release a large cut of water mixed with my energy. I didn't hit Aizen...but I end up destroying the opening in the sky. Watching it vanish, I stay in place.

My eyes...

My vision was fading in and out.

I think I...used...to much...energy at once.

My body suddenly feels extremely weak and heavy. Not being able to continue, I begin falling through the sky. My sight faded. But not before I saw the person who caught me.

...Kazz...?