Ch.75 Squad 10

~~~~Emiko's P.O.V.~~~~

Reaching a large set of gates, we stop. Eyeing me carful, Toshiro explains.

"This is squad ten's barracks. This will be where I'll be training you and you'll be working."

"...Understood."

"...Right, come in then."

We enter the the barracks and he starts the tour.

~~~~Time Skip~~~~

"Lastly, this is my office."

Sliding the door open, Toshiro reveals a decent size office. We step inside as I look around.

"Lieutenant Matsumoto and I share this office. You'll be working here as well."

Pointing to the empty side of the office, he explains.

"I will make the necessary enragements today. Tomorrow, you will have a desk of your own there."

My desk was going to be next to Toshiro's and across from this Matsumoto person's.

"Understood..."

"...You should try to cheer up. It's not like you're staying here forever."

I look at my captain.

"The Head Captain said you'll be training until you'll be able to handle your own power. Once you've mastered it, I'm sure he'll let you return to the World of the Living."

"He will?"

"Well, your training may take years. So don't expect it to be anytime soon."

"..."

I...won't see my family for years?

"..."

"...Listen-"

"Hiya~, Captain~!"

A busty, drunk lady barges into the office. She was stumbling back and forth as she did.

"..."

She's the lady Nagi and I also met on that night.

Toshiro looked completely annoyed at the sight of her.

"So you're drunk again. What happen to all that paperwork I told you to do you before I left, Rangiku?"

"Don't worry about it~. It's all done~." she smiles.

This Rangiku lady collapses on the sofa, that was in the middle of the room, still smiling ear to ear. Toshiro looks towards her desk to see it all neat and tidy.

"If you finished, where is your work?"

"I already delivered it to the proper squads." Rangiku answers.

"Oh, did you now?"

"Yes-... Oh, you're that pretty girl from before."

She finally notices me.

"My name is Rangiku Matsumoto, lieutenant of this squad. It's nice to see you again."

I bow slightly to her.

"My name is Emiko. It's nice to officially meet you, Lieutenant Matsumoto."

"Emiko, hmm? Then just call me Rangiku."

"...As you wish."

"So what brings you here, White Soul Reaper?"

"Emiko has been assigned to this squad. Starting today, she will be acting as our third seat. I will also be training her."