Ch.35 Training Begins

It's currently the day after the attack. Ichigo was at school, finishing his last day. Kisuke has given him a bottle of pills to take every hour today. By dinner time, Ichigo should be as good as new.

I'm currently in my room, staring at the ceiling.

"..."

Ichigo is going to be training soon... I wish I could help him fight. However, I can't win against soul reapers. Maybe if they're as weak as humans...

*Ring* *Ring*

My phone, that was resting on my nightstand, was ringing. The screen comes to life as the caller I.D. was displayed.

"Unknown...?"

It's probably a scam caller...but then again... I feel like I should answer it.

Picking up my phone, I answer.

"Hello?"

"Ms. Kurosaki!" a happy voice speaks.

It was Kisuke.

"Hello, Mr. Urahara. To what do I owe this pleasure?"

"Whoa...so formal. How's Ichigo doing so far?"

"I've texted him just a bit ago. He's doing what you told him."

"Good. In truth, I've actually called to talk about you, not him."

"Me?"

"That's right."

"What business do you have with me?"

"Well, you are planning on going to the Soul Society with Ichigo, correct?"

"...I'll only get in his way..."

"...You know, that first aid you gave to Uryu really helped him. In fact, you saved his life. I lied earlier about his condition to Ichigo so he didn't worry too much. You're quite skilled in the medical field."

"That's because my dad runs a clinic. Everything I learn came from him."

"Ichigo could really use it when he goes-"

"Like I said, I'll just be in his way. How can he focus on saving Rukia if he's constantly saving me? I can handle humans, not soul reapers. The same thing can be said about my medical knowledge. I only know how to treat humans, not soul reapers."

"...Would you like to learn?"

"Learn?"

"Yup. Tessai would be happy to teach you the medical techniques used for a soul reaper. That is, if you're willing to learn."

If I learn, I can keep my promise to mom...

"...Yes, please. I want to help Ichigo. ...I hate having to depend on him all the time."

"It's not wrong to depend on others, Ms. Kurosaki. But I understand how you feel. Come to the shop when Ichigo does."

"Okay... Thank you... I owe-"

"You owe me nothing but that smile. Rukia mentioned once your smile could brighten up anyone's day just by looking at it. I would like to see that for myself."

"...I don't know about that, but okay... I'll see you soon. Thank Mr. Tessai for me as well, please."

"Will do."

"Oh, and one more thing."

"Yes, what is it?"

"...You used to be a soul reaper yourself, correct?"