Ch.24 Substitute Soul Reaper vs. Quincy

~~~~Time Skip~~~~

It's been two days since a...Quincy showed himself to us. Ichigo's been a bit weird ever since Uryu showed up. I ran into Orihime the other day, and I questioned her about this Uryu Ishida. From what she told me, he's actually in the same class as Ichigo.

Of course, leave it to Ichigo to not remember names or faces. I swear, he would forget his head at times if he could.

I'm currently riding around town, speaking with ghosts. I've been trying to find any more clues about this Jin guy. No one in town knows him, so maybe he died after leaving me eight years ago.

As I come to a stop at an intersection, I spot something...sketchy. I watch as Ichigo was trailing Uryu.

Ichigo...this makes you look like a total creep.

I continue to watch as the two disappear onto a quiet road.

"..."

I would mind my own business, but I'm not letting his creepiness ruin the Kurosaki name. The last thing I need is for my sisters and I to be known as the girls with the stalker brother. I could care less what others think of Isshin.

Gripping the handles of my bike, I turn to track my stupid brother down.

Arriving on the same street as them. I spot Uryu and Ichigo staring each other down.

 I spot Uryu and Ichigo staring each other down

He must have noticed him. I park my bike and stand.

"Ichigo."

"Hmm? Oh, hey, Emiko. What's up?"

"Why are you stalking people in broad daylight?"

"Stalking?! No you got it all-"

"That looked like stalking to me."

"I- Oh never mind that! When did you notice?" he focuses his question towards Uryu.

"When you were spying on me from the classroom doorway with Inoue."

"Really? Since then?!"

"It's due to your foolish inability to restrain your spiritual energy. Even a monkey could do it."

"What'd you say?"

"You heard me. You seem to lack the ability to sense people with high spiritual energy. As for that evidence, you didn't notice my existence until we met two days ago."

"My bad, okay? I suck at remembering names and faces-"

"That's not it. I knew about your soul reaper powers for a while now. I even know when, in mid May, you acquired your powers. I also know Rukia Kuchiki's true identity."

Ichigo's eyes widen, as if he's seeing something. I'm not sure what though.

"That's...!"

"Yes, these are spiritual ribbons." Uryu begins to explain.