Ch.33 Rukia's Final Save

Ichigo falls to his knees, clutching his shoulder.

"Sorry, human. This is due to the difference in our strengths. A zanpakuto can change size and shape depending on the spiritual strength of the owner. This...is my true strength."

"..."

Ichigo...

"See ya. I don't have a personal grudge against you, but you're not fit for this world."

Don't...please... I can't lose him.

"I'll finish you... Then, I'll be returning."

He gets ready to deliver the final blow.

My legs just move on their own. I jump on Renji's back, holding his arm back... And I wasn't alone.

 And I wasn't alone

"What the...!? Rukia, what the hell are you doing with that human?! Let go dammit! Are you trying to make this into a bigger crime, you idiot?!"

I claw, kick, scratch and strike him. At this point, I'll do anything to keep Ichigo alive. My nails end up scratching the side of Renji's face, causing him to bleed a little.

"Ichigo, run!" Rukia calls out to him. "Hurry and stand up already!"

"Ichigo!" I do the same. "Please! Listen to Rukia! Leave!"

I watch as Ichigo grabs his sword's handle and slowly climb to his feet. Renji shakes both Rukia and I off him as he stares Ichigo down.

"You still have enough strength to move, huh? Well, that's good. Giving the last blow to somebody who's almost dead is boring."

"..."

"Let's go then! Enjoy your final moments of fighting!"

"Ichigo, you have to run!"

"Rukia."

She looks at me. Seeing how I have calmed down, she looks back at Ichigo and sees why my demeanor changed.

"What's wrong?" Renji taunts. "If you're not gonna attack, then I will!"

Ichigo, becoming faster then before, attacks and cuts Renji, twice. He stands tall as Renji was the one being pushed back now.

"What's wrong?! Your movements are becoming slower! And so suddenly too!"

Renji grits his teeth at him.

"I don't know the reason, but I feel great! My wound doesn't even hurt anymore! I don't think I'll be losing to you anytime soon! Now...let's end this."

Ichigo swings his sword at Renji. That's when I got that feeling again. I quickly look to where Byakuya was standing, but he was no longer there.

"Ichigo!"

"I'm going to be the winner! This is the end!"

...Ichigo's blade had suddenly disappeared. Ichigo and I both look back at the spot Byakuya was standing at again. He had his blade in hand.