Ch.51 The 28th Head Of The Kuchiki Clan

"I felt some faint spiritual pressure going towards the Repentance Cell..." Byakuya begins to explain. "I thought it was someone strong holding back his spiritual energy... But it was nothing but a big, fat, bug. How dull..."

Rukia tries to run to Ganju's side, but Hanataro grabs onto her arm, holding her back.

"Let go of me, Hanataro! If we don't stop this, another member of the Shiba Clan will...die..."

She falls to her knees, weak. Hanataro is instantly by her side.

"It's fine. Ganju walked so calmly into the confrontation."

"I'm sorry, when did that happen?" I question Hanataro.

"A-Anyway, he must have a secret plan we couldn't think of. At least...I believe so."

Pulling out a small meat cleaver, Ganju dashes forward, shouting.

"I have to gamble my life on this!"

"No plan?!" Hanataro worries.

I simply close my eyes and sigh.

"That idiot... I can't believe I was going to risk my life for that stupidity."

Opening them once more, I watch as Byakuya appears behind Ganju. Ganju had froze in place.

"..."

After a second, his arm begins to bleed badly

After a second, his arm begins to bleed badly. Byakuya had cut his arm. It was so fast, no one could see it.

Dammit, at this rate... I want to help, but what can I do?

"My sword was not made to kill pests like you." he simply states.

"Ganju!"

"Ho...Hold it right there!"

Byakuya turns his head back to see Ganju still standing tall, grinning.

"Are you deaf? I told you to leave."

"Blah, blah, blah! I don't know how it is with you nobles, but a coward that could be scared away by something like that... Does not exit in the Shiba Clan!"

"Shiba? You're from the Shiba Clan are you?"

Byakuya turns Ganju's way fully as he unsheathes his zanpakuto.

"I'm sorry that I didn't cut you deep enough. I'll make sure that you don't walk away from this alive."

"Huh?"

"No, don't do it, Brother!" Rukia begs.

Rukia wants to protect the Shiba Clan. That's all I need to know to act.

Byakuya holds his blade straight up in front of him.

"Scatter, Senbonzakura."

"RUUUN!"