Ch.34 Mr. Urahara To The Rescue

The rain...it's beginning to fall.

"...Ichigo?"

My brother's eyes were slowly losing any, and all, life they were trying to cling to. I'm instantly at his side, trying to stop the bleeding.

"It won't stop..."

I couldn't do anything. He's lost to much blood already.

"Please...don't die on me..."

"...It's such a sad sight to see a beautiful young lady cry like that."

Looking up, I spot...

"Mr. Urahara..."

He stands next to me and stares down at Ichigo.

"Don't cry anymore, I'll save him."

~~~~Time Skip~~~~

"Gaaaahhhhh!"

My eyes slowly open to the sound of screaming. Turning over in my makeshift bed, I watch as Ichigo tries to push Tessai out of his face.

 Turning over in my makeshift bed, I watch as Ichigo tries to push Tessai out of his face

Tessai was unfazed as he does though.

"Too close! You're way too close!"

"Boss! Ichigo has regained consciousness!"

Tessai sits up properly as well as Ichigo. He grips his shoulder the moment he does.

"Ow! ...Wait...I'm alive?"

Ichigo frantically looks around, realizing he's not home. He stops when he sees me.

"Emiko? Where are- Whoa."

I instantly had my arms gently around him. My face hurried in his chest as I begin to weep.

"I'm glad you're okay."

"..."

Feeling a light bop to the head, I look up at him. He smiles down at me.

"Of course, dummy. I couldn't just leave you or our family behind."

I weakly smile back.

"You shouldn't move around too much, Ichigo. Your injury hasn't fully healed. If you keep moving, you can still die."

We turn to watch as Kisuke enters the room.

"Mr. Hat and Clogs... This must be your place."

"Correct."

"You...saved me?"

"What's this? Your tone is unexpected. You make it sound as if I've done something wrong."

"..."

"Ichigo?"

"Oh right! Did you also find Uryu? How is he? Is he here too?"

"No, sir. He's already gone. He lost a lot of blood, but his injury wasn't vital. Plus, Emiko's little patch work help him out a lot. However, I just treated his injury on the spot. When he left... He was worried about you."

"About me? Yeah right."

"I even told him he could rest here. But he told me to just heal you. You're the only one who can save Rukia."

"Only me? Hmph! What do they expect me to do? Rukia's already back at the Soul Society! How can I even follow her there?! How the hell am I supposed to rescue her?! There's no way!"

"...Do you really think that there's no other way to get to the Soul Society?"

Kisuke has Ichigo's full attention.

"So...there is a way?! How?! How can I get there?! Tell me!"

Kisuke hold up his finger, silencing Ichigo.

"Of course I'll tell you. However, under one condition. Starting now, for ten days, you will learn how to fight properly with me."

"You're telling me to train? You don't know when Rukia's going to be executed! I should try to get there as fast as-"

*Smack*

I just slapped Ichigo across the face, surprising everyone in the room. Ichigo slowly turns his head towards my glare.

"You fool! The point Mr. Urahara is trying to make is you'll die if you go there in your current condition! You're lucky you're alive now. Don't go throwing your life away like that. You just came back to me...and I'll be damned if you actually die this time! ...What would I tell our family...?"

"...You should listen to the little lady." Kisuke continues. "Do you think you can win if you fight them now? I purposely let you fight them the previous time. I thought it would be easier for you to realize after you fought them and saw for yourself. Seems like your sister was the only one that got the message."

"..."

"With your current skill, you won't stand a chance fighting against the Soul Society. You're weak. A weakling barging into enemy territory is suicide. "To rescue Rukia"? Stop being childish. Don't use other people as an excuse to go kill yourself."

Ichigo remained silent, taking in Kisuke's words.

"The Soul Society usually allows a grace period that lasts a month for the maximum penalty in a convict's execution. It will be the same for Rukia's case. We only need ten days to train you.

It will take seven days to open the door to the Soul Society. So after you arrive there, you will have thirteen days. You have plenty of time."

"...In ten days...will I become stronger?"

"Of course...if you truly desire to save Rukia. A strong will is stronger than steel. If your determination is anything less than whole-hearted, throw it away. For ten days... Can you be seriously determined to fight?"

"If I don't do it...then no one will. I guess I have no choice! Let's give it a try!"