Ch.59 Return To Me

Nagi flash steps to the top of Sokyoku Hill in the matter of minutes. Upon arriving, in the distance, we spot an interesting scene.

Ichigo was holding back a giant phoenix, protecting Rukia, while some captains and lieutenants stood on the ground, watching him with a bit of a shocked expression.

Nagi's eyes lit up once she sees the bird.

"Lets go, Emiko!"

"Right!"

We begin running towards everyone. As we drew near, Nagi makes our presence known.

"ICHIGOOOOOO~!"

Not just Ichigo, but everyone looks at us.

"Nagi?! What the hell?!" Ichigo shouts back. "What did I tell you?! Why aren't you listening to me?!"

Once close enough, we stop.

"Ichigo, a lot of people told me to do a lot of things... And now we're here."

"Shut it! Get Emiko out of here right-"

"Throw that bird at me!"

"WHAT?!"

"You heard me!"

"You're crazy! Emiko is standing-"

"Just trust me!"

"But I can't-"

"Yo, overgrown chicken!"

The flaming bird backs away from Ichigo and turns towards us. Nagi smirks at the creature.

"You bastard!"

"Are you trying to kill us?" I question her.

"Come and get me!"

The phoenix flies high in the sky...to only come straight down upon us.

"Nagi-"

"I got this."

She kept her gaze locked on the phoenix. Her normal, silly personally was gone. She was so serious, it was scary.

"..."

However, just those three words kept my mind at ease. I know we'll be fine.

She holds her hand up, focusing. I do the same.

"Emiko?"

"Come on, let's show Ichigo we're no damsels in distress."

"Hell yeah!"

The beak of the bird crashes down on us. Together, Nagi and I hold it in place. Though, Nagi was doing all of the work.

The phoenix's eyes narrow at us.

"You've been a bad little bird."

Light begins to emit from Nagi's hand.

"It's time for you to return home."

The light engulfs everything before vanishing. Once it was gone, Nagi held a zanpakuto in her hand.

 Once it was gone, Nagi held a zanpakuto in her hand