Rule #21

Rule #21: Nice For What?
Tappahannock, VA
Christopher Maurice Brown:

"You show kindness and they will close in on it. People don't date nice people. People don't chase after the nice ones, they want the ones that'll treat them wrong.

Be nice? Nice for what? Girls aim for the bad guy, always be the bad guy. Put her on a schedule, you tell her when you wanna see her. Don't ever let her choose what time you see her. Make sure she knows she's nothing more than sex.

Tell them off, if they ask you out? Make them feel like they're stupid! Remember if they keep coming back to you even after you're mean? You win. Never be nice.

Rule 21 Nice For What?"

"That damn book is stupid! You don't see that girl practically chasing you?!" Bryshere yelled

"Man that wasn't cool at all! Robyn ass all down my back about how you told her off!" Trey too shouted at me

"Who?!" I said confused

"Beyonce. Dude she been asking you out-- or trying to ask you out for 2 years now. Yo stupid ass is always mean to her!" Trey gritted

"Why do you care? I don't even know who the hell that is! Man y'all know I don't do relationships! If she keep pursuing me after I show her who I am who's fault is that?!" I yelled. "Y'all can't fuckin blame me for being me!" I pushed Trey out my face. He snatched the handbook out of my hand.

"This handbook? It's old news bruh, leave it in high school. We grown ass men, and there are other bitches! So what Serayah hurt you bruh! So what she cheated! So what she acted like you never existed! You were 17 she was 23 what the fuck did you expect?!" He yelled throwing the book to the other side of the room.

"Bro all we saying is, there's a woman out there that will do right by you. You can't treat women the way you do and toss them to the side like that. What goes around comes around, Karma is real Chris." Bry said in a much calmer tone.

"I have rules for myself-"

"Shut the fuck up man, I'm tired of hearing about this damn rule shit! Ain't no rules to love-"

"Love ain't real Trey." I say cutting him off.

"It is! I'm in love! Bryshere in love! We happy! We got good ass women! And you could too if you would get your heart out the damn freezer! Look bro.." Trey sighed. "I ain't even talking about any girl, it's beyonce I'm talking about. She's top of our graduating class right now. She is strong, beautiful, and she's genuine. The way you treat her ain't okay-"

"I don't even know who y'all talking about!" I said irritated with this conversation.

"Imma show y-"

"Nah Bryshere we not gone show him shit. He stupid, she's introduced herself on multiple occasions if his dumb ass don't remember a good woman when it's right in his face that's on him." Trey spoke up interrupting him.

"Man if you think she that damn good of a woman, you date her. And watch that name calling shit!"

"Bitch ass nigga I got Robyn! Ion even care if you don't want her but you better start respecting her or we gone have some issues!" His fist were balled and now we were face to face.

"Aye y'all chill out. He right Chris you ain't gotta date shorty, but shit respect her please. She is our girlfriends best friend, and we know we ain't got no right to be forcing you to date anybody but you gotta respect her man." Bry said pushing us apart.

"Yeah aight." I say smacking my lips. I walked over to where my handbook was picking it up. "What's shorty name again?" I asked

"Her name is Beyonce last name Knowles." Trey replied in an irritated tone.

"Aight. Imma try to remember, and I will be nice to her from now on." I grumbled plopping down on the couch.

"Thank you." Trey replied sitting across from me. Bry sat next to me, "That's all a nigga asking for."

"Chris man for real, I think she would be good for you. Just think about it, she gone be around for ever because she is our girlfriends best friend again. You gotta see her even after college, you really think she gone wanna fuck with you after the shit you have said to her?" Bry asked his tone much more calmer now.

"Right, you gone look up and realize she really is right for you even if it is years from now and you gone regret doing her like this. It's crazy you can't even remember her. Are you even listening to us?" Trey asked

"Lil bit." I replied honestly.

"What's her name Chris?" Bry asked, I closed my eyes trying to remember what Trey said her name was just minutes ago. How could my memory be fucked up like that? Shorty must not really be memorable enough for me to remember. She can't be as pretty as they claiming, or she might be shit that ain't got shit to do with me. I didn't want no permanent thing ever. It was staying like that, hell I look like focusing on a bitch when bitches don't care about a nigga unless they got money or when they can't have them?

I had hoes lined up, I didn't care about losing any bitch. They keep going on and on about this me regretting it shit and honestly I don't regret shit. I won't ever regret it, hell I probably won't even remember this talk.

"That's a shame." Trey scoffed shaking his head. "I should throw that stupid ass handbook in a damn fire place and burn the stupid ass thing." He got up storming out the form room slamming the door.

"Fuck is his problem?" I asked

"We care about Beyonce, she's like a sister to us. You wouldn't want any nigga talking to your sister crazy would you?" He asked

"Nah."

"Exactly, just realize and remember how you talk to women man. Though you may not remember they always remember." He patted my back getting up and exiting the dorm room as well.

I sighed sinking down into the couch, I was really trying to remember her damn name. How did I forget it that damn fast?

As that memory popped up in my head, my smile dropped. I was looking directly into Beyonce's eyes and for some reason that memory popped up. I could see in her eyes everything I had did to her in college. My heart had sunk into my stomach because she hadn't said yes to being my girlfriend, instead she had froze. Her eyes had never left mine and I could tell she was contemplating am answer.

I mean if she was going to say yes she would have said it already right? Now I was standing here looking stupid in front of all of our friends, my family and my staff.

If she said no? This would be the talk of the office. Somebody had turned down being with me, the most wanted nigga in the world.

I couldn't take my eyes off of hers, I wasn't gonna run from this. I had to face this, I had brought this upon myself, here it was...me looking Karma right in the fucking face..

"You gone be the man girlfriend or what?" Robyn impatient ass asked.

~~~~~~~~