Rule #22

Rule #22: Plenty of fish in the sea
Tappahannock, VA
Beyonce Giselle Knowles:

"If she cut you off? So what, she'll come crawling back when she realize you don't care. Remember there is no special one, there will never be a special one.

You stay single and remind them that there are plenty of fish in the sea. Always always always upgrade, make sure your next fling looks better than your last fling. There's a lot of fish fellas and there's always a better looking one. Don't get hooked on that one fish.

Rule 22 there's plenty of fish in the sea"

I read them Rule #22 as Julius drove off from in front of the airport. "You're telling me this 30 year old ass man is still living off this handbook?" I asked

"Yes, yes he is." Lauren replied with a slight chuckle.

"You gotta change him, and then marry him and not move back to Germany." Robyn added

"I have to go back to Germany I have a business to run-"

"You can run that shit from LA." Robyn snapped, my best friends missed me. Facetime calls kept us connected, I hadn't seen them since I left for Germany 9 years ago. I just didn't wanna ever see Chris again and J knew seeing them consisted of seeing Chris.

"If you get Chris to act right you'll stay right?" Lauren asked

"Maybe.." I mumbled

"That's a yes." Rob said making me roll my eyes.

"That nigga ain't gone act right we might as well book this flight back to Germany right now." Lauren said with no hope in her voice.

"Aht aht aht Beyonce got a plan." I say with a slight smirk. "He'll be falling to my feet." I shrugged. "Maybe I'll give him a chance maybe I won't. A bitch still bitter about college."

"What's this plan?" Robyn looked at me with an eyebrow raised.

"You'll see. I do know I'm fucking him before I leave though, I gotta test him out." I confessed

Robyn scrunched her face up, "You need to test his ads for STDs." She said making me and Lauren laugh. "Y'all laughing I'm for real. That boy can't even tell you how many bitches he fucked within the last week! And he can't tell you the name of the last bitch he fucked."

"She right." Lauren agreed

"Well he gone remember Beyonce baby." I say with confidence

"Oooo this plan better be a good one sis cause ion know about that nigga settling down."

"A man will change for the woman he wants." Julius said from the front seat. "Take it from the OG player himself. I changed for the woman I wanted. I wasn't willing to see her with another man. I damn sure wasn't willing to live without her either. You can't .are the man change but you can be special enough for him to change."

"Where was you when we was in college nigga?" Robyn asked looking at him through the mirror.

"All I'm saying is, men change boys stay the same and if he really is a man he gone change."

"Take us to his office." I say

"Bitch what? We just got you here you gone meet him on Saturday-"

"I wanna see his fine ass now. Plus I'll get a head start on fixing his problems." I smiled, I couldn't wait to see how fine he had grown up to be. Yeah he was fine in college but it's something about a man that changes when the age of 30 hits. They become a different kind of fine, plus I wanted to just kiss him already. I wouldn't waste any more time, I damn sure wasn't about to take shit slow either. I may make him wait a little for sex but that's just to draw him in. When I had him right where I wanted him? I was gonna lay it on his ass real good.

"So is you gone be the man girlfriend or what?" Robyn asked, I stared into Chris' eyes. He had hope in them, his smile had dropped. My heart wanted him but my mind resented him, he had me though. He's had me since college, I barely knew him and I still knew he was the one. This damn asshole didn't do anything but smile and he had me.

He made me so weak, and my heart always wanted him. I loved him so much I wanted to cry. I wanted to kiss him but I wanted to smack him for putting me on the spot like this.

"Wait." He said sadness taking over his face. "I'm sorry, I'm so sorry." He said pulling me close to him. His forehead now resting against mine. "Damn I'm so sorry.." He mumbled like he was in disbelief. His arms wrapped around me and he hugged me so tight, he hugged me like this was the last time he would hug me. "I remember, and I'm sorry. I swear though I ain't gone treat you like how I did in college. You've changed me, I'm a man now." He stepped back and pulled that small booklet out of his back pocket.

"Mama I know you got a lighter." He said to her holding his hand out. She dug in her pocket grabbing a lighter sitting it in his hand. He flicked the lighter on and held the flame under the booklet before fire caught onto it.

He tossed it on the ground between us and I was shocked watching the very handbook that he lived by burn up into flames. "I know there's plenty of fish in the sea, but I want you. Only you and no one else. I'm sorry." He said again once the flame died out and the booklet was now ashes he pulled me back close to him. "Please don't say no to me, I can show you I've changed."

I wanted to tell him I loved him, but I wasn't going to tell him. I was going to keep that to myself and let him be the first to say it. His reputation is what hurt me, and I wouldn't allow it to happen again. So was I going to be his girlfriend?

~~~~

Oh y'all thought y'all was getting an answer?

Maybe tomorrow...or tonight eh idk I'm feeling real petty tonight

I love y'all though and y'all got 4 updates today so y'all can't curse me out too bad for playing with y'all emotions.