chapter two

get out before i lock you in

get out before i lock you in." seokmin exclaimed as he held the passengers door open for minghao, who was fast asleep.

minghao groaned before getting out of the car, flinching as seokmin slammed the door shut.

he shook his head for the umpteenth time that day, pulling his phone out of his pocket to check the time.

"8:25PM" minghao was undeniably tired.

he forced open his heavy eyelids to take in his surroundings and he took in the mansion in front of him last. it looked quite normal for a rich fuckboy like junhui. multicoloured lights were flashing through the curtains.

minghao groans. disco lights were at the top of the list of things he hated the most.

he followed behind seokmin who was walking at the speed of a train. minghao kicked the rocks on the ground, reconsidering his life choices. he shouldn't have come to this party.

he walked into the mansion, almost tripping on the steps. the smell of alcohol wafted into the doorway and immediately hit minghao's nose, causing him to shake his head and cough a little.

"jesus christ," he mumbled to himself, sneering at the recognition of the fact that seokmin was already gone from his side.

"that asshole is dead tomorrow." he thought to himself, letting out a huff of breath. now he was really regretting coming to this party.

well hey, atleast he hasn't come across junhui yet, right?

minghao made it into the main room, where students had their bodies pressed against each other.

minghao almost puked at the sight.

he headed to the kitchen to grab a glass of water for himself. he took it straight from the dispenser due to the fear of getting drugged, leaving the glass back in the sink after he was done.

he headed back to the main room, mumbling an "oh, great." at the sight of the exit, which was now blocked.

minghao ran his head over the idea of moving through the cluster of bodies, but his claustrophobia wouldn't let him act upon his thoughts.

"ahh, fuck it." minghao said, closing his eyes before squirming through the wilding crowd of sweaty bodies. he couldn't find seokmin either, so he just resorted to walking back home.

he finally made it to the exit door, grabbing his knees to catch his breath.

minghao snickered. he was so prepared to bash seokmin's head into a wall for making him have to go through this, but he was the one who complied, so it was partly his fault, too.