chapter: "realising"

junhui was forced to go to school on his own

of course, they weren't able to stay all alone in the dorm for the whole day, not when mingyu had a hammer in hand to break their door open.

hansol had unsurprisingly found a way to skip class and he was now busying himself with taking care of seokmin, which, to junhui, sounded worse than having to attend seven hours of school.

minghao had to take a leave because wonwoo, who was surprisingly fine, had dragged the poor boy's ass somewhere else for some intense questioning.

mingyu was on a week long suspension for causing damage at the dorms.

and so, junhui was forced to go to school, all on his own. and there he sat, all alone in english class, missing the presence of minghao, who he would always share little sneaky glances with in the previous classes.

and the usual place that minghao would sit in, which was right next to him, was occupied by ji eun.

he was waiting for all the students to fill in the class, and for their teacher to finally arrive.

his arms were folded on the table as his head rested on it, while ji eun, who was slightly concerned, patiently watched.

his conscience that almost threatened to fall asleep was awoken, and junhui sat up in his seat properly as mr. kim occupied his seat at the teacher's desk.

"hey, it's everyone's favourite teach, kim namjoon here," mr. kim laughed uninterestedly before continuing, "and i'd really like it if you'd settle down, for god's sake."

students groaning from all corners and the screeching of chairs signified that class was about to begin.

"fool for love." mr. kim said, throwing a booklet on his desk. "a play by playwright sam shepard. i'm sure you've heard of him."

"no, we really haven't." junhui hears wooyoung groan from behind him, though his complaint went unnoticed by mr. kim.

"i'm sure you hopeless romantics will enjoy this piece. it's an eye opener; so straightforward with love and it's possibilities."

a few of the girls and boys squealed in excitement from around the room.

"and even more straightforward with the stupid things we do because of it." mr. kim came back to his typical monotonous tone.

"but don't be fooled by a single love failure; if you look close enough, love is everywhere, even in the smallest of things."

sooyoung stood up from the back of the classroom

sooyoung stood up from the back of the classroom. "sir, what exactly is love? i mean, how can you tell if you're ever in love?" she asked curiously before mr. kim ushered her to sit so he could explain.

"to put it simply, love is... inevitable," he said, making gestures with his hands as he began walking around the classroom.

"when you look at a person and you begin to notice the little things," he stood in front of his desk and leaned back.

"the way their eyes crinkle when they laugh. or that dimple that's only on one cheek."

"the way their eyes glimmer when they talk about the things they love, the way your heart beat picks up when you hear them call your name, and the way it goes into override when they call you by simple nicknames."

"the way their skin feels when it's in contact with yours. when you're not around them, and you begin to miss their presence more than you normally do."

"so basically, the little things that excite you

"so basically, the little things that excite you. and to everyone, they might be small minor little details; but to you, the little things about them become big things."

"that's when you know, your heart has found someone worth while."

claps resonated from around the classroom. "typical mr. kim, poetic as always." he heard wooyoung groan once more, yet the look of adoration and desire for something like love was evident in his eyes.

and next to him, ji eun turned to look at him with a smile, as if to say, "that's what i feel around you".

and junhui smiled back, all the while recklessly, because he knew for a fact that throughout that whole rant or speech, he was not thinking of his girlfriend, rather, he was thinking of a certain chinese boy with pretty black hair.