chapter five

"he wasn't here today

"he wasn't here today."

wen junhui would be the biggest liar in the world if he said that that sentence hadn't fazed him even a little bit.

of course; he had no clue about this boy, other than the jet black hair and slim face and button nose that he had seen in the cafeteria that day. heck; he didn't even know his name, nor did he know whether mingyu's assumptions of seeing hearts in his eyes were legit. but he felt his pride get punctured and slowly deflate at the sentence.

hansol snorted. "you ignore his glance everyday, and you're hurt now that he's given up on you?"

jun rolled his eyes, "who said i was hurt?"

...there you go, the world's biggest liar.

"and mingyu, you said he was truly in love with me. and if that was true then he wouldn't have given up on me. he's just like everybody else." jun said, grimacing each time the word "he" left his mouth.

he still found it utterly disgusting that a guy was in love with him.

"no, he's in my class for chemistry. and considering how he can have heated arguments with the teacher for over 30 minutes, i wouldn't say he's the type to give up on something so easily." mingyu said in return, his worry increasing.

"why does this affect you in any way, gyu? that stupid guy's in love with me, and even if he isn't anymore, nothing has changed. i'm still homophobic and i would never consider dating that guy in the first place."

mingyu pursed his lips before he could fire back, though he was clearly annoyed with jun's choice of words.

hansol poked the inside of his cheek with his tongue. he was equally as fazed.

jun closed his eyes and sighed, realizing that he had offended his friends for the second time that day.

while the trio sulked in silence, mingyu let his thoughts run wild.

he began to consider trying to talk to the lovestruck boy today.

_/\   /\__
    \/
recess time came rolling around soon, and the three were seated in their usual spot.

hansol and jun were engaging in a conversation, and as it seemed, hansol had cooled off all the anger he had for jun the same morning.

mingyu was still out of it. he didn't know why, but he was still quite concerned for the boy whose name he still didn't have any clue of.

he secretively scrutinised the entire room carefully, in search of the boy.

finally, his eyes landed on his target.

he was chatting off with another boy sitting across him that he couldn't see quite clearly, and he decided it was time to intervene.

"guys, i'll be back. i'm getting a call from my mom." mingyu said, fishing his phone out of his pocket to feign innocence.