chapter thirty-two

[please point out errors!]"you did what?!"

"you did what?!"

minghao hugged his knees to his chest, sitting at the corner of his bed as he chipped on his nails. seokmin was going into a frenzy over what minghao had just told him, but minghao couldn't find it in himself to focus. he was still in a daze over the happenings during the earlier hours.

everyone was now in minghao's room. he had explained the whole situation to them, and the rest of them, unlike seokmin, were quite satisfied with minghao's decision.

"seokmin, don't be dumb!" wonwoo exclaimed, throwing a pillow at the boy who was running around the room before continuing, "i think we can all agree on the fact that minghao did the right thing."

"exactly! he wasn't ready to forgive him, and that's totally okay!" minghao's mom defended her son, patting his back. somi, who was rolling around a chair by a desk, held onto the edge to stop herself before agreeing.

"yeah! i agree with minghao's mom." somi nodded. seungkwan, who was tossing around minghao's new plushies that his father had hesitantly bought for him after seeing the damage he had caused to the previous set, nodded along with her.

"i mean, i wouldn't want minghao getting hurt over something junhui did again. that asshole brings nothing but bad luck, just like his friends." seungkwan mumbled.

"but...haooooo!" seokmin yelled, flopping back onto the bed in despair. he had to agree with what everyone else was saying because it was all very sensible. but it was unfair!

for seokmin had begun to become the biggest junhao shipper in the school, and now that their love story had been torn to bits, he was very much the opposite of satisfied or delighted.

but if he were to drag himself out of his little dreamworld and be realistic for a second, junhui really didn't deserve forgiveness so soon.

"...i guess you did the right thing." he said reluctantly with lack of pride, his frown dropping into a pout. "good dog." minghao's mom said, patting his hair.

"i'm not a dog!" seokmin whined like a dog, kicking his legs up and down. his cries of protest were ignored as somi recommended something.

"guys, we need to celebrate! right?"

minghao raised an eyebrow. "celebrate what, exactly?" he asked, leaning forward and crossing his legs.

"umm, you not forgiving junhui?"

"she's right! you didn't forgive junhui and therefore, you made him feel the same pain that he made you feel for this past month!" wonwoo exclaimed with joy.

"that sounds... awfully sadistic, but it also sounds fun." seungkwan said, crossing his arms. "i don't really think that's something to celebrate about." minghao said quietly, sighing as he leaned back.

"yes, it is, minghao." minghao's mother said, covering for somi's decision. "i have some important work right now, so why don't i drop you guys off at the amusement park? that way, you can have fun and ease your mind off of it."