chapter thirty

"i swear, you guys are so stupid

"i swear, you guys are so stupid."

it was only an hour before the school would open; the pair had joined at minghao's house early in the morning because minghao called for an emergency meeting just a while before, yet the pair, wonwoo and seokmin, already knew what it would be.

"how?!" minghao exclaimed, "i literally didn't even do anything wrong!" it was safe to say that the boy had cried his dignity away in one night, and now he was left with no tears to cry. instead, when he woke up the next morning, he was filled with rage.

that was exactly why it was necessary for him to call wonwoo and seokmin over at 4am in the morning. they didn't even live that far away, and minghao genuinely didn't give two shits whether he had disrupted their beauty sleep.

wonwoo rolled his eyes, eyeing a teddy bear on minghao's bed that was torn to shreds. "see, that's the problem. it's both of your faults."

minghao scoffed. "fine," he huffed, crossing his arms as he continued, "how am i to blame too?"

"okay, it's partially junhui's fault for kissing you and then running away like that," seokmin, who was sitting right next to wonwoo, began to explain, "it's also your fault for bringing it up so abruptly when you know he doesn't feel comfortable speaking about it yet. also, you keep assuming that you haven't done anything wrong."

minghao kind of understood where he was coming from, but it wasn't like he was going to tell him that to his face or something. "why wouldn't he feel comfortable speaking about it? he kissed me, it's not the other way around!"

"bro, he's been homophobic for a good portion of his life. it's kind of expected for him to run away after doing something that he disliked once." wonwoo reasoned.

"exactly. and plus, he had a girlfriend at the same time. so, frankly speaking, he cheated. he would obviously want some time to himself."

minghao never thought about it that way, honestly. in fact, he was so focused on the feeling of having junhui's lips on his, he didn't even bother to acknowledge the fact that he was already in a relationship.

that definitely sort of further damaged the image that minghao had set for junhui in his mind.

"he's right. by the way, don't forget that you still have english class today and you're going to have to face junhui." wonwoo reminded minghao, who was already feeling helpless as it is.

"sure, go ahead and make me feel worse." minghao spat sarcastically, falling back on his bed with a sigh. "well, it's best we have breakfast and start getting ready now, hao." get your ass up." seokmin said, chuckling as he stood up to leave the room.

wonwoo joined him later, but not before secretly taking the only undamaged stuffed toy on minghao's bed to save it's life from the next time minghao gets salty enough to inflict harm on lifeless things.