chapter forty-three

"i don't want to see you hanging around that boy, xiu mingi, anymore

"i don't want to see you hanging around that boy, xiu mingi, anymore."

"it's xu minghao."

throwback to the early hours, when junhui made the stupid yet amazing decision of kissing minghao instead of his own girlfriend. and immediately after that small, drunken, not so accidental mistake, junhui passed out.

that probably did the two a favour, since at the moment ji eun couldn't consult with the pair of idiots anymore, because one of them had lost consciousness on the other's lap.

after lifting junhui's heavy build off of minghao's lap, ji eun thought it better to send the late night visitors back home; maybe she was worried because she knew for a fact that if they did stay over, minghao and junhui would end up sharing one bed. a drunken playboy and an innocent bookworm under the same sheets, who knows what could happen? the possibilities are endless.

hesitantly, everyone went back home. except hansol, he was a little too tipsy and intoxicated to even move a limb. the helpless boy took to the couch for comfort, and slept there for an overwhelming span of hours.

wonwoo, somi, seokmin and seungkwan all decided that going back home had no place under their limited list of reasonable options. there was no way any of the three were going back home when they were this drunk.

and that was how they ended up at minghao's household. getting them past his parents, who had been staying up late to watch movies, was not a very difficult feat.

they had shot down minghao with a few questions, but the boy didn't respond. it seemed his parents were too engrossed in the film running on the tv to even care enough to hear minghao's explanations.

and now it was the next day, wen junhui's head was on fire. he probably had had a little too much to drink. but that didn't stop ji eun from pressuring him with endless questions and orders, of course. the usual. the two were seated at the couch in the living room, the same couch hansol had passed out on previously.

"whatever his name is. just- don't get too close to him." ji eun stated stubbornly, crossing her arms. junhui raised his eyebrows at that and leaned forward, his right leg crossing over the other. "i find that unfair. why don't you give me a valid reason, then maybe, i'll comply." came his unexpected counter argument.

ji eun was dumbfounded by this uncanny, newly found arrogance and argumentative behavior of junhui's. "hey, what's with the attitude?" she asked hastily, eyebrows furrowing.

"oh, you want to talk about attitude?"

"what the- wen junhui!"

"what? is there a problem?"

ji eun sighed, deciding to make the mature choice of leaving the feudal part of the conversation at that note.

"it's- whatever. just don't go around talking to him as much as you do." she said, shoulders dropping.